Chapter [01]

Chapter [01]

I stormed into the classroom, shoving the door open with my foot; my hands were filled with books. And by books -The Maze Runner series - not actual school textbooks that I needed to revise from.

With my brown hair tied into a nice tight pony tail, I walked over to my desk and dropped the books on it. "I'm officially ready for detention, this time," I told the awkward looking boy, sat next to me. He nodded and looked back out of the window. The last time I had a detention, I had been the only one without a book and had to sit in silence while everyone else practically enjoyed themselves.

Sighing, I sat down and waited for my favourite teacher to arrive; Miss Thompson. She was a plump little lady with crazy orange hair. A lot like Mrs Weasley from the Harry Potter series, I thought to myself.

I bit my lip before leaning forward to tap on Nancy's shoulder. Nancy was a friend of mine - not my best friend - but a good friend. I didn't do best friends, because how crap would your friends be if you were actually able to choose a best one out of them?

"What?" came Nancy's lazy reply as she slowly turned to face me. I leaned back a little to get the strands of blonde out of my mouth.

"Where's Mrs Thompson?" The woman was usually already at her desk, eating away while we sat in silence.

"How am I supposed to know? I'm not freaking married to my, y'know."

Throwing my head back, I laughed as Nancy turned back around to catch up on some sleep.

The door suddenly flung open and everyone in the room fell silent. My spine straightened, as I almost gulped at the horrifying figure that walked through the door. It was Mr Khan. The detention-giving, chocolate-taking, math-teaching monster of Ringdale High. And he did not look happy.

"I understand that you are supposed to be in a detention today?" he asked, although his snarling face told me he already knew.

We all nodded immediately and Mr Khan shut the door behind him. "Well," he clapped his hands together, "Miss Thompson is rather ill and has gone home, so I'll be leading your detention today."

Oh great. He'll probably get us to fight Lord fucking Voldemort.

"I want you two boys," he pointed at Nancy's twin brother, Nathan, and the boy sat next to me, "to clean up the front of the classroom, while you girls clean the back."

I almost groaned at his ridiculous order - this wasn't a behaviour detention, we had done nothing worth this kind of punishment. The only thing we did wrong today was arrive to Miss Thompson's English lesson late.

I wasn't always late for class, but usually was because of my lack of enthusiasm...and because of Wattpad.

Okay, maybe only because of Wattpad.

"Sir, you can't even do that. I'm pretty sure it's illegal or something to force kids to clean. It's like child labour," I explained in a bored tone.

"Oh? Well, who else has a problem with it?" he asked the rest of the students in a mocking voice, knowing that they were too scared to reply. "Nobody?"

We got to work and I sighed before scraping back my chair and marching to the back of the classroom. "Nancy, who does he think he is?" I asked but Nancy just shrugged and started to organise one of the cupboards. I got to work beside her in the corner of the classroom were nobody went - meaning there was less mess.

I stuffed my pale hand in the gap behind the bookshelf and sighed when my hand came back full of dust. "Nothing there," I muttered to myself.

"Be quiet," Mr Khan ordered as he opened his lunch box, the smell of a nice curry making its way up my nose. I licked my lips before shaking my head and getting back to work, this time picking up tiny scraps of paper.