𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 • 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡

Sérena walked through the massive hangar following Cody, there were many kinds of supplies required for war, such as gunships, fighters, weapons and many others. Sérena was stunned by the numbers of clones on board, Some of the clones had orange paintings on their armor, others that have blue paint were the 501st, General Skywalker's legion. But there were more of the troopers in white armor.

Soon they were approaching a group of clones.

"Men, I want you to meet our new Commander, Sérena Varelle," Cody introduced Sérena to the clones, and they immediately stood.

"It's an honor to be able to serve with you all," Sérena smiled, trying to make a good impression.

"It's certainly more of an honor to us, Commander Varelle," One of the clones saluted.

In no time, They all get along so well, Sérena learned that the two clones' names were Waxer and Boil, and She immediately became fond of these two troopers, who introduced Sérena to other members of 212th battalion : Crys, Gearshift, Longshot, Peel and Wooly. They were not as stiff and as scary as She thought they would be, they might be clones, but each of them had their own personality, which Sérena found quite interesting.

After Cody showed the rest of the ship, they went to the bridge, where the Generals were waiting in there.

"And here's the bridge, Sir," Cody said as they walked into the bridge, there were some Clone naval officers, a couple of troopers, and an Admiral, which Sérena believed to be Admiral Yularen.

"Thank you for escorting me here, Cody," She thanked.

"Anytime, Commander," Cody replied and walked out towards the door. Sérena recognized the tall figure standing beside Her master as She walked over to them.

"Anakin, it's good to see you!" Sérena punched Anakin's arm playfully.

Sérena saw Anakin as an older brother figure that She admired, even though Master Kenobi often told Sérena how annoying Anakin was when he was still His Padawan, Anakin also has a reputation to never think until he jumped and likes to make rash decisions.

"It's good to see and hear you again Sérena, but it seems that you are still short just like Obi-Wan," Anakin snickered.

"Call me short one more time, you'll soon get a Padawan" Sérena threatened, knowing Anakin didn't fancy the idea of having a Padawan.

"I bet I won't have one until the war ends," he said cockily.

"Watch what you were saying," Sérena playfully scorned Anakin.

"Alright, that's enough for the reunion, we have a battle plan to discuss," Obi-Wan finally spoke up.

"Yes Master," Sérena looked down.

"The Separatist are trying to take control of Christophisis, the people there are very desperate to defend their survival and they require our assistance immediately," Obi-Wan started the briefing.

"How bad is the situation there?" Sérena asked.

"It seems to be pretty bad," Anakin added.

"Separatist have taken control of the capital, which wasn't helping at all, many battle droids have been deployed, and they quickly overwhelmed the people, We must find a way to get through their defenses and retake the capital," Kenobi said again, a holomap appeared on the briefing table in front of them.

"Well, I have to say, this is definitely more of a we-jump-in-and-try-not-to-die kind of situation, which I do not like at all," Sérena stated as She intensely stared at the holomap.

"Yes, indeed," Her Master agreed.

"Don't worry too much, we just need to be fast," Anakin said optimistically.

"My men have prepared for the landing, what about the 501st?" Obi-Wan gestured towards Anakin.

"Rex and the boys are always ready for battle," Anakin crossed his arms in pride, Indeed the 501st legion has earned a famous reputation in the Grand Army of the Republic due to their performance.

"Alright, then, that means there's nothing we need to worry about," Kenobi closed the briefing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So, how is it going for you out here?" Sérena asked Anakin while they walked out of the bridge.

"Well, It has been great, but I kinda miss having some peace in the temple though," Anakin smiled.

"Oh! Since when do you miss the temple? I thought you hate it," Sérena replied while raising her brow.

"That's kind of true but also not very true," He admitted, Sérena chuckled.

"By the way, who's the Rex guy you mentioned earlier? I don't think I know him" Sérena questioned.

"Oh, He's my captain, my second in command" Anakin answered "Do you want me to introduce you to him?" Anakin continued.

"Sure, why not," Sérena took the offer. Getting to know everyone in the chain of command will be beneficial.

As soon as they reached the hangar, Anakin led Sérena through a crowd of clones, and stopped in front of one in blue armor, which Sérena believed to be Rex, he has blonde hair, unlike the majority of clones.

"Captain Rex, I would like you to introduce you to Commander Sérena Varelle, Co Commander of 212th," Anakin stood in between the two, gesturing his hand to Sérena.

"So you're the new commander Cody told me," Rex seemed surprised, As he thought Sérena was petite and small "It's nice to meet you, Sir," Captain Rex shook her hand.

"You too, Captain," Sérena shook his hand back.

"So you are General Kenobi's Padawan, Sir?" Rex started a talk.

"Yes I am," Sérena said shortly.

"Looks like we will see each other a lot Commander," Rex added with a warm smile "I believe so too, Rex," Sérena smiled back.

"All personnel prepare for landing, All personnel prepare for landing,"

A voice through the speaker announced.

"We better get going now, Commander Varelle, the battle will be a long one," Rex said, putting on his helmet.

"Right, I will see you on the landing point," Sérena waved as she turned and jogged to a nearby gunship, following Her Master.

"Are you ready my Padawan?" Kenobi asked, as She entered the gunship.

"Never been more ready," Sérena smiled confidently.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: The family pic tho 🫶🥺I promise the next chapter will be more lit🙏

Thank you for reading, don't forget to vote! May the Force be with You 💫🤍