𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 • 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫

The Next day, Sérena woke up very early. She could barely sleep last night because She was excited yet she was still processing everything. Sérena packed all of her belongings, which wasn't much, just a couple of outfits and Jedi cloaks. After getting ready, The next thing She did was to tell Ahsoka that She's leaving.

"Ahsoka," Sérena ring the bell to her quarters. No response.

"Ahsoka, it's me, Sérena," She pressed the bell again, soon the door was opened, revealing the half awakened togruta.

"Yes? It's still very early, you know," Ahsoka yawned.

"Ahsoka, I'm leaving for Christophsis, Master Kenobi finally let me go to the battle," Sérena said while smiling a bit.

"Oh! Well that's very good to hear! When will you leave?" Ahsoka suddenly awakened.

"Well, now actually, I just wanted to say goodbye," Sérena answered, sounding a little sad.

"Good luck Sérena, surely I will miss you," Ahsoka smiled, they hugged each other. Ahsoka decided to come with Sérena to the temple's hangar.

There was Master Yoda already waiting there, Both of the padawans bowed to the Grand Master.

"Master Yoda," Sérena greeted.

"Padawan Sérena, leaving for Christophsis, you will," He said.

"Yes Master, Commander Cody will pick Me up," Sérena replied, she still had no idea what Cody looks like. Well, he must be a clone, but she barely meets any clones.

"Hmmmm, yes, Talk about this, Master Kenobi has, be careful, you must," Master Yoda gave advice.

"Yes Master, I will," Sérena nodded a bit, She felt like a padawan on her first day of training.

Not long after, a consular class cruiser landed on the landing pad. A clone in white and orange armor showed up and walked over to them.

"This must be Commander Cody,"

Sérena thinks.

"I'm looking for Sérena Varelle," Cody said after he took off his helmet.

"That's Me," Sérena stepped forward.

"Well, we have to go immediately, the Generals are waiting for us," Cody stated.

"Well I guess, we'll see each other again Ahsoka," Sérena turned to Her friend.

"I have a feeling that we will soon," Ahsoka's smile grew bigger.

"Master Yoda, I must take my leave," Sérena bowed.

"Good luck, and The Force will be with You always, young Padawan," Master Yoda said.

"And with you too, Master," Soon, Sérena and Cody boarded and the cruiser flew away, far from the Temple...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Only the humming sound of the ship's engine could be heard.

It was cold.

Staying in the warm temple for quite a long time made Sérena feel not used to the space's cold air, even though She wore a cloak.

Sérena sat in the passenger's seat, looking out from the window as they traveled through hyperspace. Some of the 212th battalion troopers passed by Her and nodded respectfully, they seemed to know about her.

Commander Cody walked over to the Padawan "We should rendezvous with the fleet in about an hour Sir," He politely announced.

"Thank you Commander," Sérena thanked.

"You don't have to always call me Commander, Sir," Cody said with a friendly smile, Sérena could tell just by talking to him, that Cody is a very loyal soldier and would not hesitate to follow dangerous orders.

"Well, we are commanders anyways," Sérena laughed lightly.

"So, Commander, You are General Kenobi's Padawan, am I correct?" Cody asked.

"Yes, I am," Sérena answered.

"With all respect, Sir, Is there a reason why you never fight on the battlefield like some other young Jedi commanders?" Cody asked out of curiosity.

"Well, because my Master doesn't let me to, and I personally don't have any idea why," Sérena answered truthfully.

"I'm sure the General has his reasons," Cody said reassuringly, Sérena just smiled thinly.

Not many people know about Sérena's past. She was a foundling, just like most of the Jedi in the temple. She was alone and abandoned. Until Master Yoda found her, wandering alone in the streets of her home world , No home, No parents. Then She was brought to the temple, where She was raised and trained. As already known, Sérena didn't have many friends in the Jedi Order. She only knows a couple other Padawans, Barriss Offee, Caleb Dume, and Ahsoka Tano herself. Many jedis considered Sérena to be a little strange, She was extremely balanced in the light side and the dark side of the Force, Making others think that She was a Grey Jedi. Even Obi-Wan thinks Sérena was a Grey Jedi. Sérena also didn't follow Jedi clothing standards. She prefers to wear a dress and shorts underneath, since Jedi Padawans could choose what they like, and sometimes cloaks, paired with knee-high boots. She likes to have her own way of thinking, making Her shunned and kind of lonely. Then Sérena met Ahsoka, whom She considered her own little sister. Most of the other Padawans didn't want to practice lightsaber duels with Sérena, they were scared of her, because Her lightsaber moves are pretty deadly and precise, unlike most younglings and Padawans. The only people that were brave enough to practice lightsabers with Sérena were Master Kenobi, Anakin, and Ahsoka. They were never scared of Sérena. They saw her differently, in a good way.

Soon the ship exited the hyperspace, Sérena gaped at the view of the fleet outside, every single one of her blood cells inside Her rushed in excitement and nervousness. Sérena could feel the ship slowing down and ramps were lowered. Sérena immediately stood from Her seat, and walked towards the cruiser's door, waiting for it to be opened. Cody silently approached from behind her.

"Are you okay, kid?" He asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm okay, just, kinda nervous," Sérena tiptoed nervously.

"Don't worry Commander, The 212th are the finest soldiers you will ever meet," Cody said reassuring once again. 

Sérena immediately felt comfortable around Cody, He has that protective yet friendly aura. She gripped Her bags tightly as the doors opened, revealing the massive hangar of The Negotiator, General Kenobi's Venator class Star Destroyer.

Sérena noticed the man that was standing a few meters in front of her, It was no one but Master Kenobi himself. Laughing, Sérena ran to her Master and hugged him tightly, Obi-Wan returned the hug happily.

"It's good to see you again, My dear,"

Kenobi said, putting his hands around Sérena's shoulder.

"Good to see you again Master," Sérena smiled.

"I believe that you and Cody have been acquainted," The General said.

"Oh, Yes we have," Sérena looked to Cody.

"If you don't mind Commander, you can show my Padawan around and introduce her to the rest 212th, and once the tour finishes, you can escort her to the bridge," Master Kenobi turned to Cody.

"Yes General, Commander Varelle, follow me," Cody instructed Sérena to tag along.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N : Hello again! This is the second chapter, and we are going somewhere here😄 I will soon upload chapter 3, so make sure you stay on tune!

Thank you for reading,

May The Force be with You! 💫🤍