Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Mom, I'm hungry!" I said from my spot on the couch. Today is the second day of summer vacation and I'm spending my time watching cartoons with my twin brother Jacob. Morning cartoons are about the only TV I watch.

"So get up off your lazy butt and come and get something!" She called from the kitchen.

"Can you please make me waffles!" I said. I'm too comfortable right now to get up.

"Me too, please!" Jacob called out. I heard mom sigh in the kitchen. A few minutes later she came out with our waffles.

"Okay, which is which?" She asked teasing us. I glared at her. She's pulling the twin card again. I'll admit me and Jacob look similar with the same brown hair and blue eyes...okay we look practically identical. The only thing that tells us apart is the fact that I look girlish and he obviously looks boyish. Still, I don't like the jokes.

"Mom." I whinned reaching for my waffles. She handed them to me.

"Shanks mommy!" I said and leaned back to continue watching spongebob. My phone started vibrating next to me. I looked at the screen. It said I had a new text message from Peyton.

'Hey Ashley! Do you think you can come over today? Spencer said to also ask Jacob. If you can, come over in 10. Jen will be over too.' (Jen is short for Jeanelle)

"Hey, mom! Can Jacob and I go over to Peyton's today!" I called out to my mom.

"Sure honey. Let me know if your just gonna stay there for the night or come back home though!" She called out from I think the laundry room. Sweet!

"Come on Jacob we've gotta be there in 10." I told him getting up off the couch and running up to my room. I didn't need to take a shower because I took one last night so I just went straight to my closet. I'm definately going to need to wear something cute because knowing Peyton, we're probably going to end up at the mall. I settled on a pair of shorts with a white tanktop (picture on side). Then I quickly curled my hair a bit and ran down the stairs.

"Come on Ashley hurry up!" Jacob said opening the door.

"I'm here I'm here. Calm down." I said walking out the door. Lucky for us Peyton only lives a block away from us so we can walk. I started skipping and dancing down the street singing Live While We're Young by One Direction. Man I love them!

"You're so weird!" Jacob called after me.

"Come on, I know you want to do it too!" I called back. Jacob and I not only look alike, but act alike. So if I'm doing something he either would do it, wants to do it, or is doing it. He shrugged and joined me. We don't sound to bad actually.

We eventually made it down to Peyton's house. I knocked on the door. A few seconds later Peyton's twin brother Spencer opened the door. I ran past him.

"Hey Spencer, hey kid I don't know!" I said running past them. I've never seen that other kid before. Must be one of Spencers friends. I ran up to Peyton's room and barged in.

"What up bitches!" I said. Peyton and Jen were sitting on her bed with a magazine between them.

"Hey chica!" Jen said.

"Took you long enough!" Peyton said. I plopped down in front of them and looked at the magazine upside down. That's right. I'm that freakin talented.

"So, what do you guys wanna do this summer?" Jen asked. Every year we usually go on some big trip together since we don't usually get to see each other during the year. Peyton's always busy with work and Jen goes to boarding school.