Chapter 7

The newspaper that the bird had showed Thatches crew mate, family, brother, Ace and that the marines were planning to execute him at Marineford. That Teach captured Ace and would soon become a warlord. Thatch couldn't believe it, was this because of him? 'Why couldn't I do something? Why am I so weak? Why couldn't I do something? What am I doing here just sitting around and not doing anything about this?' Thatch thought to himself. The atmosphere in the room has become a mix of sadness and guilt, if someone stepped in a wave of gloominess would be felt. Thatch tried to move his body but felt a sharp pain in his back where the stab was at.

"Hey! You shouldn't do that! You wanna open your wound and die?"

Thatch was snapped out of trance by the other person in the room shouting at him when he learned his name was Luffy. He started to feel something drip on his back, a liquid substance. And soon started to feel some pain.

"Look what you did, bread man!" Luffy shouted as he started to see red on the bandages. He quickly went to get new bandages to replace the ones that are now soaked in blood with fresh new ones.

Thatch just sat there, letting the other male do his thing. Sometimes glancing at the white framed glasses wearing male known as Luffy and see what he's doing. A few minutes passed by with just the sound of bandages being wrapped. The silence was broken when "You want to heal as quickly as possible, right? to go outside and not be staying here" Luffy said.

"Well that's what I'm hoping to happen" Thatch replied a bit uncertain

"What did the newspaper say?" Luffy said quickly changing the topic and soon after saying that he finished bandaging the chef. As soon as Luffy said that he felt a wave of gloominess coming from the other male.

"Well one of my crew mates from my ship is getting executed at marine ford and it's my fault. If I didn't get stabbed in the back and so weak he wouldn't be there. They must have found out who stabbed me and went after them but ended up getting him captured and getting executed in a week" Thatch said with sadness and a frown on his face.

"Well you certainly aren't weak since you survived for so long in the water while bleeding to death. But I might be able to help you get to your friend before the marines send him to the Marineford, they must be keeping him at impel down right now but you should try and rest for your injury to heal as soon as possible!"

"Really?! You don't need to, you've done enough for me already" Thatch exclaimed as his eyes teared up thinking this was a person he just met and would do this for him.

"I want to help you! I really do, you could say I sort of know how you feel, being far away from your family and you could say I did something like this before" Luffy said the last few words with a cheeky smile.

'I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing' Thatch thought to himself a bit nervous now that he's thinking about it. While Thatch was thinking to himself, Luffy was heading out of the room and there was a squeak from the door which snapped Thatch out of his thinking. "Umm, where are you going Luffy?" Thatch asked.

"Well I think it's time to eat, don't you think?" Luffy said with a smile while pointing to the window.

'How come I just noticed there was a window?!' "I didn't notice that it's that late😅" Thatch exclaimed.

"Yeah! I'll get you something to eat, just stay there for now" Luffy said with one of his big smiles.

"Alright, thanks again Luffy!" Thatch said with a smile.

"No problem, bread man!" Luffy said while rushing out.

"Wait! That isn't my na-* door slammed close*-me" Thatch exclaimed with a sigh. 'What have I gotten myself into?' Thatch thought.