💊😬🦋The Muffin Man.

(keep in mind... I suck at writing angst but I'm trying.)

---------------------------------

Mikey stared at everyone with bored eyes. Sanzu was missing..

"Y/n. Where is he?"

Mikey's eyes shifted over to you. If Sanzu wasn't by his side then he was with you.

You shrugged. You knew where he was, Sanzu was actually in the room. But you didn't want to bother him. He was enjoying himself and you really wanted to go on this assignment on your own.

"I can go by myself Mikey. It won't be a problem at all."

Mikey knew it wouldn't. He trusted you, but he was very protective when it came to you. Anything you wanted, he'd get. Anything you asked for. He'd do. Mikey loved you, you knew this and he knew that you felt the same.

But neither of you ever acted on it.

*flashback*

Mikey's known you since his Toman days. Kenny was the one who knew you first. Your mother worked at the same brothel Draken lived in, meaning you stayed in a room close to his.

One day you happened to walk out of your room when he and Ken-chin were walking in. Mikey remembers thinking that the prostitutes seem to be getting younger when you pass by them in the hallway.

He remembers his heart skipped a beat when you smiled at him before waving goodbye to Ken.

"Stay out of trouble Y/n."

"You're one to talk Mr. Delinquent. But I'll try."

Mikey watched you walk to the elevator.

"Ken-chin. Who was that?"

Draken looked down at Mikey who was still looking in the direction you walked in. "Y/n. Her mom works here and she stays in that room over there. She's pretty cool I guess. We hang out when we're not busy."

Feeling betrayed he looked up at his supposed friend. "And you've been keeping that angel from me?"

Draken clicked his tongue and sat on his bed. "Don't you dare Mikey. Y/n's a good girl and gets straight A's in school. She doesn't need a delinquent in her life. That girls going to either marry a doctor or have her own business one day."

"But you're in her life! You even said you hung out together!"

Again Draken made a noise. "We hang out here. Never in public. I keep her out of Toman's business and we mainly just talked about her school and clubs."

"I can do that with her too! Introduce me."

Draken shook his head. " Say you get a chance with her. You'll bring her to meetings just to show off, word will get out and you could put her in danger. You'll constantly bother her and distract her from school, meaning her grades will drop. She's too nice for you, so of course she won't say no to you and you'll take advantage of that. Leave her be."

Mikey huffed. "You make me sound like a horrible person."

"You are."

------

Mikey respected Draken's wishes and stayed away...

Just kidding!

Whenever he saw you he made sure to wave. On a lucky day Kenny had to leave him in his room for a few minutes while he fixed a water heater, Mikey wasted no time and ran to your door to finally introduce himself.

Sometimes he got even luckier and saw you walking home from school. He'd always offered you a ride home and you always said yes. Was he just waiting around for you? Maybe..