Water Meets Missing Leg

*Boat's pov*

I groaned as I woke up. My head felt like it was spinning before I blinked a couple of times slowly as I adjusted. I sighed as I slowly start to move, then I felt something wrong. A deep fear and panic filled my chest as I sat up and grabbed the blankets and pulled them off.

I yelled in panic and a ton of pain as I felt extremely uneasy. My vision blurred before I felt hands on me and I was about to freak out more before I was brought into a hug. I listened to the heartbeat that I could hear as my ear was pressed up to someone's chest.

"Breath, it'll be alright. Just breathe."

I started taking deep breaths as the other person also did the same However the panic wouldn't rest itself and the pain almost felt unbearable. As much as I breathed I couldn't stop myself from crying out tears running down my face before my body was gently pushed back just a bit, but it still hurts so damn much.

It took a while, but slowly my panic was starting to subside as tears still ran down my face, the pain was still unbearable. I kept reaching to touch what was left of my leg, but David stopped me. I finally got vision as I saw David with a worried look and Miss P came in holding a cup of tea.

"Drink this Boat it'll help subside the pain." Miss P handed me the drink, but I couldn't hold it properly so David took it and gave it a couple of gently blows before holding it up for me. For my own sake I put my hand on his legs and gripped his pants and I drank the tea as my other hand was slightly behind me for balance.

"Ok, good... good. Now please lay down." Miss P said placing a hand on my chest to lay me down again.

"But...it hurts" I croaked out as I looked at her as she put her hand on my face wiping away tears.

"I know, but don't look at it until you have adjusted to the feelings. David will remain close by" Miss P reassuringly said as I sighed still in pain and I tried to get up, but David kept me down with a gentle hand.

"Rest I'm staying right here." David said crossing his arms, but a part of me saw that he was worried and... Scared?

It was a while before finally the pain subsided. I remained wide awake staring at the ceiling and David was next to me. I heard him mutter a sorry as I turned my head and looked at him and I sighed.

"It's not your fault, we both were reckless" I tried reassuring, but David looked at me and frowned as he had his own tears forming

"No you don't get it, after all this time we do everything together no matter what. I left you alone and now here we are your just a strong newbie mage you don't have full experience with demons like this." David cried as he had opened his arms then brought them in and one hand gripped the shirt right were the chest in sort of over the heart showing he had guilt.

I opened then closed my mouth knowing nothing I say will help. It was silence with the soft crying from David before I reached my hand out to him and he looked at it before moving his hand taking it instead of gripping his shirt. He bent forward his free hand holding him as it rested on his leg.

"Then let's think about the future, you can help me move around and protect me when I can defend myself. Let's try to find a way to improve the situation." I said with a small smile and David met my eyes and sighed

"How can you always find something good in a situation like this?" David questioned as he looked at my leg.

"Because there's so much bad and negative things around if you constantly look at it you'll only pull yourself into a deeper mess of guilt or sorrow. You have to look at what's good and what you can do to improve your situation so that you can live strongly." I said as David looked at me and sniffled and let go of my hand rubbing the tears away.

"Right... Right ya, make something good of a bad situation and you'll be ok." David muttered as he looked back at me and smiled slightly.

"Don't expect me to be kind, but I'll try to avoid hurtful things" David said and I chuckled slightly.

"Ya sure thing snowflake" I said and David flicked my shoulder and I lightly laugh

"Ya ya puddles" David huffed before slightly laughing.

We both laughed unaware that Mrs P was listening with a smile as she walked and placed a tray on the counter and walked back upstairs and outside to enjoy the view from the deck of the sky ship.