The Brutal Start

*3rd person*

Ritchie commanded it so it happened. Miss P walked with Lucas and David down to the forbidden library to grab the hidden book also known as the demon book.

She chuckled as she set the book down and Polly, Lucas, David all stood in particular places as she took her place. The book glowed and each of them glowed as the book suddenly opened and then all of them got pulled in. The wind passed all of them as they got the feeling of being dropped from a high place. The book closed now left there until the time came when they came out

Now this trip into the demon book, it was one that was going to have some severe consequences, however how soon those consequences happens depends it may be some hours maybe even days... However they won't be getting out of the first page without...a injury.

*Boat's pov*

Arguing with David is getting us nowhere. We need food and soon and I honestly don't want to fend off of bread for who knows how much longer. So that brings us to our current position of me and David are hunting for something to eat besides bread. Maybe there's barry bushes around?

Miss P has been off somewhere I have no idea where, but she would come and check up on us every now and then, but at this point I have no idea. I know Miss P said to stay together just in case, but trying to keep track of David is a hassle. I say that because after 10 minutes I lost him.

I groaned as I looked around trying to find something to eat, if I'm not able to find a animal, at least have edible plants around like mushrooms those can be good.

My stomach grumbled a bit as I sighed as I looked around then saw something hairy. I sneaked up getting closer to see what I thought was a very shaggy bear? I mean let me point out that I semi forgot I was in a demon book because of my hunger so when I looked at this demon I didn't think much of it.

However as I got closer to hit it I smelt the smell of rotting flesh and I gagged putting my hand over my mouth before looking at the beast. That's when I remembered this is the demon book. I backed away trying to hold in my own stomach acid from being thrown out of my stomach.

Unfortunately I stepped into a bush and the creature looked up and snapped it's neck twords me. I heard the crack so loud and clear, terror filled me as I scrambled to get away hitting it with a blast of water to push it back as I started running.

"DAVID! HELP!" I cried out before I felt something ripping my skin and puncturing into my bone as I fell. I turned to see what had hit me before seeing a spike.

I grabbed it and pulled it getting it out but I hissed as I realized that the spike was slightly barbed so now my hands bleeding from the skin getting forcefully peeled off.

I looked up only to scream as I got slammed to the ground my head hitting to dirt hard enough to shake my brain and I felt dizzy before pain filled me as the creature bit into my leg dragging me.

I yelled in pain as I tried to muster myself up to hit the beast with another water blast, but the stench of the beast was horrible and the headache wasn't helping. It's like wet dog with the smell of blood and rotting flesh.

I screamed again as I felt my bones cracking and a burning sensation like acid in my leg. My skin ripped and bleed as the muscles and tendons seem to be pulled then ripped which was painful.

My vision was blackening but before I fully passed out I saw an ice spear go through the beast leg and I smiled a bit knowing David was there. At least I hope I can make it out of this alive....

*3rd person*

David ran as fast and efficient as he could carrying Boat's body with him as some tears were forming. How could he have been an idiot, Boat and him can't survive on their own. No matter what confidence he has to face against the Ritchie to be guild leader, or to brag that he's all good.... This was a different situation and now he's paying a price as he ran to find Miss P as soon as possible.

David couldn't stop the tears as he ran calling for Miss P and not just calling her my old bat or hag he was calling her Miss P or Miss Prenderghast.

Miss P looked up from her almost completed ship hearing the desperate yells and looked at Polly before bolting to get to David. As soon as she found him David collapsed to his knees holding Boat blood slightly covering on side.

"I was a idiot..." David cried as Miss P immediately took Boat then looked at his leg.

Mutilated, there was no recovery for that it would only be bones. However as Miss P looked at it more the urgency to help Boat rose to an all time max as she got up and went to the cave.

"David I'll explain later, Polly!" Miss P yelled as Polly flew after her.

David sat outside the cave waiting for the outcome and hoped he wasn't too late to save Boat.....