twenty-eight

"Hey," Valentina grinned when Luz opened the door.

Luz smiled back. "Hey, Val."

Valentina raised an eyebrow and looked around. "Who else is here?" She pointed to the floor. "These aren't your shoes, there's two more pairs than normal."

Just as Luz opened her mouth to say something, a horrible scream followed by a groan came from Amity's room.

"Who is that?" Valentina crossed her arms, closing the door behind her.

"Why don't you go see.." Luz grinned nervously at Valentina, then led the way into a room that wasn't hers.

Inside were Amity and Maia, sitting up on Amity's bed next to eachother, Maia had her legs over Anity's and they were watching something on a laptop.

"Amity?" Valentina smiled and Amity's head jerked up. She rolled her eyes at the venom in Valentina's voice despite her smile.

Amity untangled herself from Maia and stood up, walking over to where Luz and Valentina stood.

Amity faked a smile, putting her hands on her hips. "Val..."

Valentina took her into a hug, purposely squeezing her a little too tight, making Amity shove her off.

"Watch it!" Amity hissed, taking a few steps back, crossing her arms.

"See, Luz.." Valentina pouted, hugging into Luz's arm. "I told you she doesn't like me.."

Amity clenched her fists, but before she could do anything Maia walked over to her and linked arms with her like Valentina did with Luz.

Luz kept her eyes fixated on the way Maia was close to Amity, then sighed. "I'm sure that's not the case.. right, Amity?"

"Dunno." Amity shrugged. "But Valentina, if you came here to start an argument then just leave."

Valentina's eyes widened. "Oh? Okay." She narrowed her eyes and frowned, pulling Luz by the arm. "C'mon, babe. Clearly they don't want us here."

"Okay." Luz turned her head to look at Amity with an odd expression on her face, one that Amity couldn't quite figure out.

As soon as Valentina slammed the bedroom door shut, Amity went back onto her bed, Maia following.

She groaned, shoving her face into a pillow. "Maia, I don't know how I'm gonna manage to keep up with this.." She turned her head to the side and looked up at Maia. "Things were so much better before Val came along, becsuse Luz and I could actually talk freely.. and-" she stopped herself from saying anymore, and her face gradually turned pink.

Maia smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Mhm? What? You could actually kiss her?" She teased, making Amity groan into her pillow. She chuckled and sat down next to her. "I'm only teasing. Besides, you know that she doesn't really feel anything for Val. Maybe if I befriend Luz I can get her to admit that she doesn't love Val, then I can help Luz break up with her.."

Amity raised her head to look at Maia. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course! Now, get up. I just got the sudden urge to do my makeup." She pulled Amity up by the arm and sat down at her vanity, getting her makeup bag out of a closet. "What look should I go for?"

Amity sighed with a smile.

-

"Why is her friend here?" Valentina asked, sitting at the edge of Luz's bed, swinging her legs.

Luz shrugged. "I don't know. I never asked why she came around." She looked over at Valentina, walking over at sitting down next to her. "What's it to you anyway?"

Valentina shook her head. "Whatever, doesn't matter- I gotta get going." She stood up and walked to the bedroom door, opening it and leaving the room.

Luz followed her into the hallway. "But you just got here?"

"I know." She put her shoes on. "I only came around to say hello, and I'm meeting Cam in a few minutes, so I've gotta get going."

"Oh, okay." Luz stood by the door, watching Valentina open it and leave without saying another word.

Luz sighed, closing the door after her, then walking into Amity's room.

"Hey," She sat on the edge of the bed, next to Amity.

Amity looked surprised and confused. "Wasn't Val over just a minute ago?"

Luz shrugged. "She left to meet her friend, Cam."

"But she was only here for like 5 minutes?" Amity raised an eyebrow, and Luz groaned.

"She's acting so weird lately, I don't even know what's going on with her.." She flopped back onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

Maia hummed. "You don't think she'd have something going on with Cam? Valentina's a huge bitch, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case."

Amity elbowed Maia gently. "Uh, is she staying the night at Cam's?"

Luz nodded. "Probably. She usually does when she goes to their dorm so unannounced."

"And you don't think that's weird in the slightest?" Maia raised an eyebrow. "It seems to me that she's spending more time with Cam than with you."

"Its not like I can really control who she hangs out with and what she does.. I'm just her girlfriend." Luz smiled sheepishly.

"Just her girlfriend." Amity mocked Luz. "Being 'just her girlfriend' should give you the right to know where she's going and for how long. Val didn't even mention when she'd be back, did she?" She raised an eyebrow.

Luz shook her head 'no', not saying a word.

"Thought so." Amity sighed. "This relationship doesn't seem to be all that healthy.." she mumbled, but Luz heard her anyway

"Don't say that!" She defended Valentina. "It's not like she doesn't love me, and it's not like she's cheating on me or anything, but.."

"But?" Maia repeated.

Luz sat up. "Nevermind. I'm gonna go get something to eat." She stood up and left Amity's room.

Amity and Maia looked at eachother.

"That was definitely weird." Maia narrowed her eyes. "I told you there's something she's not telling you. And I'm sure she wants to, it's just that Valentina probably threatened to do something if she did tell, probably also if they broke up."

Amity pressed the palms of her hands into her eyes. "No, I know.. I also know that she wouldn't stay in an unhealthy relationship just 'because she wanted to'." Amity furrowed her eyebrows. "We need to help her."

Maia began swinging her legs off the edge of the bed. "Yeah, well, it's obvious she still loves you. So maybe we could try something at homecoming."

Amity looked at Maia with a weird expression. "She doesn't love me, and what if meddling doesnt end well?"

Maia stopped swinging her legs, keeping them still. "You can't be serious?.. it's so obvious." She sighed. "And I'm sure that Luz would be thankful if we helped her."

"If you think so.. I guess I'll trust you. But if you fuck anything up I swear." Amity smirked at Maia, and Maia rolled her eyes playfully.

"I swear I wont fuck anything up."

-

a/n: pretty short chapter,,
im still home from school, and im not going tomorrow or thursday because our school is shut this thursday🤗

and i havent had much time to write since i've been sleeping almost all day

i promise more consistent updates soon 😥

+ kora/em made a tt account!! shes the one that made maia's design, her tt is about her toh oc (i think a video has maia's design in it, and her art is so awesome - she speaks more spanish than english, but if u ever comment on her videos then she'll try her best to respond in english!! her @ is ilykoraz )

i think thats all i have to say,,

byebye have a good day/night/evening or afternoon i love u🫶