six

Amity was wrong. "I bet you I won't even flinch." Was the biggest lie Amity had ever told. She didn't understand though. Most horror movies never affected her, she didn't care for them. But this one made her squeal and jump and cover her eyes.

Of course, this entertained Luz greatly. She seemed to find it so funny that Amity couldn't handle a horror movie. She'd throw comments here and there such as "Woah, you good, Blight?" or "This isn't that scary, huh?"

When the movie ended Amity and Luz left the movies, and Amity stood by the exit for a while to catch a breath. "I have no.. fucking idea what they did to that movie but that was not like any other movie I've ever watched in my 18 years of living."

Luz chuckled, putting her hand on Amity's shoulder who quickly shrugged her hand off. "It wasn't that bad. Don't overreact."

Amity only scoffed, getting into Luz's car.

"What's up with you?" Luz asked, getting in and started up the car while Amity sat looking out of the window, not looking at Luz. "You're being so weird."

She looked at Luz from the corner of her eye. "Nothing's up with me. You're the one being weird.."

Luz raised an eyebrow, reversing out of the parking lot. "I'm being weird? How? What have I done all evening that's been weird even in the slightest?"

"Dunno."

"Titans." Luz sighed, eyes on the road while Amity didn't take her eyes off of the window, chin leaned on her palm.

Amity raised an eyebrow and looked at Luz when she missed the turn into the college. "I think you went the wrong way. You've passed Hexside."

"I think I know." Luz turned to Amity with a shit-eating grin that made Amity groan and roll her eyes. "We're going somewhere else first."

"Where?"

"You'll see."

-

Luz parked in front of The Owl House and Amity couldn't help but scoff with a smile. "The Owl House? Really?"

"This is where we met after all." Luz shrugged, turning off the engine and getting out, Amity copying.

"Yeah, I guess so. What do you usually order here?" Amity asked, opening the door, the familiar bell ringing.

"Hm." Luz hummed, going over and sitting down at a table for 2. "Usually I get a hot chocolate. Eda makes the best hot chocolate around."

"Oh. I've never had the hot chocolate here.. normally I just get coffee." Amity shrugged, looking around.

The Owl House was quite full today, Luz watched Eda and her partner Raine walk around in a rush, taking orders and serving people. Luz smirked. 'Hehe son of a bitch. This is what you get for making me work on Christmas Eve every year.'

"Who's that?" Amity asked, jerking her head towards the mint hair.

"Oh," Luz chuckled. "That's Eda's partner, Raine. They haven't worked here long, though. They've always been more into music and all, but decided to help Eda out when The Owl House started to gain customers and popularity. Eda and King wouldn't of made it on their own.."

"King?"

Luz smiled. "You'll meet him soon, I'm sure."

About a minute later Eda comes over to them with a notepad. "Eat shit, Noceda."

"Don't be like that, Eda! I just came here with Blight to enjoy a hot drink. Did that ever kill anyone?.. It's not like I'm here to make fun of you for looking really stupid while running around with notepads and trays in hand..." She smirked, and Amity rolled her eyes with a sigh.