eighteen

Amity woke up, checking her phone to a few notifications from Luz. Most of them talking about how she had fucked up, or how she was lying to everyone, which worried Amity a great deal because she was afraid Luz might've hurt herself.

noceda

luz?
are you okay?
please text me back
im worried about you
what happened?
please just text me back as soon as you can okay?

She turned off her phone and sat up. She had thought about calling her, but Amity didn't want to wake her incase she was sleeping.

Emira turned to Amity with a grin when she heard her walk into the kitchen, but her expression dropped the moment she look at Amity. "Oh, Mittens. What's wrong? I don't think I've ever seen you look this troubled."

Edric walked over to Amity and bent down so he was at her height, "What happened? Is it something with Luz or Maia? You can talk to us."

Amity smiled sadly at the two. "Thanks, you guys. I know I can always count on you.." She took out her phone and went onto Luz's texts from the night before. "But look. Luz was being really weird last night, and I'm so worried. Do you think she'll be okay..?"

Edric and Emira exchanged glances and cleared their throats.

"Look, Mittens. Hearing what you said about her, I think Luz is pretty strong, yeah? I'm sure whatever happened she could fight through. Just make sure you're there for her, okay?" Edric grinned and Amity nodded.

"Ed's right." Emira smiled. "Your human will be a-okay!"

Amity chuckled, putting her phone away into the pocket of her pyjama-shorts. "You guys really are the best.. you always see the positives, you're just like Luz." Her smile faded and her thoughts spiralled into what could be up with Luz.

Edric noticed her expression drop and he stood up straight. "Okay, who wants pancakes?"

"Me!"

-

Amity ran up to her room as soon as she heard her phone ping in her pocket to read it.

She hoped it was from Luz

noceda

yeah
im good
but theres something i need to tell u

yeah okay
u know u can tell me anything
but are u sure youre okay?
what even happened last night that made u say those things to me?

i think it'd be better for me to tell you over call

oh
okay

Luz called her and Amity immediately answered. "Luz?"

"Amity."

"Titan, it's been so long since I heard your voice. So what have you got to tell me?"

"Me and Val are dating."

Amity almost dropped her phone. Her eyes widened and she didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to think. At that point she didn't know anything.

Luz and Valentina were dating.

When did that even happen?

How did that even happen?

"Oh. That's great. I'm happy for you two." Her voice wobbled but she tried to keep her cool.

"It's- nevermind. Thanks, Ams. Are you still up to facetime later so I can meet Maia?"