Chapter 19 - Meet the Family

Lily had snuck back into her house early the next morning, laughing slightly at the "walk of shame" when Brax dropped her off. Surprisingly, there had been no awkwardness after spending the night with him. Her body was still humming from the evening two days later when she got a text from Braxton. He was just checking if/when she could have lunch that day.

Lily enjoyed sex, at least when her anxiety didn't kick in. The final release was always the highlight, often she could forego all the foreplay with Stephen. Especially in the last months they were together, Lily preferred not to be touched really. She had thought it was just being 'touched out' from the kids, but really nothing had changed in her interactions with her kids and her body had craved Braxton's touch. Lily had been ready for round two when Brax woke her up early the next morning. She had daydreamed about it throughout the day, even after giving Shelby the deets when she woke up.

Now it was Tuesday. Lily's mind had wandered from their evening together to what was the next step. Where was their relationship headed next? Should she introduce Brax to her kids? How was she to juggle a new relationship, work, and kids? So many questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rang and Lily jumped. She had finally decided to invite Braxton over for dinner with her kids. After debating things for a few days, it had dawned on her that she could have a pizza party at her place so that he could meet the family. If she was going to do this, she needed them to know...at least know something...

Now, it was Friday night and she was questioning her plans. What was she going to tell the kids? Cameron was only 8 and the twins had barely hit 5. It's not like they understood dating really, or what it meant. Maybe she could just introduce him as a friend.

The doorbell rang again. "Shit"

Running over to the door, Lily opened it and saw Braxton standing there holding three large pizzas.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I hope this is enough pizza. I wasn't sure how much your kids eat."

Lily laughed. "That is way more than we need. The twins might have one piece each and Cameron could potentially eat three, on a good night, max."

"Oh. I guess I am used to werewolf pups. They can eat like crazy. At least my nieces and nephews do, but they are a bit older than yours."

"Well. I am sure that my kids will eat me 'out of house and home' when they are teenagers!"

Laughing, Lily invited Brax in. Her nerves had been alleviated for the moment. "The kids are in the living room watching a show. They will eventually smell the pizza and invade."

At that, Braxton pulled her in for a deep kiss. Lily had not realized how much she needed the contact. She also didn't understand how Brax could so quickly and effortlessly put down the pizza boxes and have her pretty much pushed against the wall of her entryway in two seconds. As she fell into the kiss, everything dropped away. She felt at peace, but also could feel the need for more building within her. Lily moved her hands from her sides so that she could run her fingers through his hair and pull him in a bit more. Her body arched to make as much contact with Braxton as was possible, feeling each inch of his body as it pressed against her own. She heard a groan, whether hers or his, as Braxton removed his mouth from hers and started kissing down her neck.

Pulling away as she felt his hands move from her waist down to her ass, Lily sighed a bit. "The kids."

"Sorry." Brax whispered. "I got a bit carried away there. I didn't mean for that to happen, just wanted a quick kiss."