Chapter 8 - Turning Points

Sorry for the delay. I had writer's block that kept me from getting the ideas out of my head and into writing. After a few votes on earlier chapters, I decided that it was time to just sit down and try. It might take a couple chapters to get the flow back. I will come back and edit someday, but I wanted to get words on paper in the hopes that it would help with the block!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily runs aimlessly through the woods, not thinking about where she is going except to get away. As she stumbles on some branches, the realization hits that she is lost.

She pulls up to look around, panic setting in further. Noticing movement behind her, Lily looks more closely and sees eyes staring at her. Although the animal has paused and is now moving slowly towards her, Lily shrieks and starts running again. Multiple dark shadows follow her, further instilling panic in her chest as her mind goes blank and flight is all she can think of.

Branches hit Lily as she runs further into the forest, leaving slashes across her face and arms. From a distance, all anyone would see is a frightened animal being chased by multiple wolves of enormous size. The wolves, with their speed, catch up to the freaked out animal...Lily senses their presence closing in on her back and further falls into panic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a final shriek, a wolf lands rather gently on Lily's back, as her fight reflex starts to set in the animal gets off - morphing into Brax.

Lily could hear Brax mumbling gently, but it was incoherent to her in the even more mentally unsure state that she felt. What was going on? Had she really drank that much that she was having such a vivid dream on her walk home? She could feel and smell him...but this could not be reality! 

Lily was freaking out again. Screaming, she turns around and sees the road. As lost as she just felt, it was a surprise to realize that she had not really been in the deepest and darkest part of the woods. How had she found herself back near the path? Looking again, she prepares to run over to it as she sees car lights. She needs to get home!

"Please don't run!" she hears imaginary Brax whisper. Looking around, all she notices is a naked Brax slightly in the shadows. Had she been running from wolves?

"Stop...let me explain." He says a bit louder.

Her eyes were large and slightly foggy in appearance, like she was on a mental precipice, as she looked at the naked man in front of her. She shook her head once, trying to shake the visions from her head of a large black and gray wolf.

"I think I drank too much." She whispered as she turns and flees back towards the road.

An anguished howl followed her, but that was all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily stumbles into her house feeling more guilty than scared by this point. She had not planned to be out so long. It was just supposed to be a girls night to relax a bit and get her mind off of work and...things...but, she had stayed too long, drank too much that she lost her composure, lost her inhibitions, and then may have even lost her mind a bit on that vividly strange walk home.

"Hey babe." A voice called from the dimly lit living room to her right. Steve walks out with a beer in one hand and his phone and a remote in the other. Lily looks and him and tries to remember the attraction that she once had to a younger Steve, a Steve that made her feel excited and alive, the Steve that encouraged her to reach for her dreams...it seems so long ago now.

"Sorry. Did you stay up? I totally lost track of time and the number of Margaritas I had." Thinking back to the bar, that wasn't the only thing she forgot.

Lily notices the look on Steve's face as he walks towards her, it's that slightly drunk and horny look that used to give her goosebumps. It's been a while since she felt that attraction, but she wants to feel it again. "Hey babe," Steve repeats trying to give a sexy look in her direction. "You feeling a bit tipsy? Wanna get freaky with me tonight?" He walks up and goes straight for her breasts, squeezing them almost painfully.

"Ouch."

"Oh, come on babe. I know you want it..."

Lily sighs and grabs for Steve's cock, distracting him from touching her. Thinking back to when they were younger and before the last few years of trouble, imagining the feelings to make herself come alive, as she tries to also not see a pair of other eyes ... eyes that haunt her so much that she has such vivid drunk fantasies on a moonlit walk home in the woods.