CHAPTER TWO.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 ❙

Time was unforgiving, that was something Rhaenyra Targaryen had come to understand as she aged

Time was unforgiving, that was something Rhaenyra Targaryen had come to understand as she aged. Time cared not for lands, power, or wealth, it just went on and on while people just continued living their lives. Many would often wish that they could stop time, as they wanted nothing more than to ease off from the cycle they lived on, while others wanted to go back to the past in an attempt to fix whatever mistake that burdened their hearts. 

But time was unrelenting. 

A year had passed since Rhaenyra's life had changed, a year since her mother was stripped away for the sake of an heir who lived only for a few mere hours. During the first moons, Rhaenyra succumbed to the wishes of men and women, wishing nothing more than to be able to get back in time to save her mother, but as time passed by Rhaenyra began to come to the bitter realization that there was nothing she could do. 

The Queen was dead for a little more than seven moons when another took her place, someone Rhaenyra would've never thought of. When the news of her father taking to bride Alicent Hightower, her supposedly best friend, Rhaenyra cursed the Gods and anyone that came in her path. The fury that burned through Rhaenyra Targaryen was wild and unforgiving, burning those who attempted to tame the Princess' rage. 

But despite all the bitterness that followed Rhaenyra like a dark cloud, she had a light at the end of the darkened path she always seemed to be walking through. Someone that pushed Rhaenyra to be better, or at least try to be. Valaena, her baby sister, was an unexpected source of comfort, but one that Rhaenyra thanked the Gods for, regardless of being just a few days shy past her first name day. 

There was an unexplainable bond between the two daughters of Aemma Arryn, one that people knew better than to question. Despite their age difference, there were only a few times when the Princesses were seen apart, as they always seemed to gravitate toward one another. And while most would find it tiring to have a one-year-old trailing at their feet most of the time, Rhaenyra found herself at peace by her sister's side. 

Valaena always seemed to know exactly when Rhaenyra needed the comfort of her presence, as her sister would ask, as much as a one-year-old could, to be taken to her older sister's rooms whenever Rhaenyra felt how the dark cloud threatened to take over her. At first, Rhaenyra found it odd that her baby sister always knew when she needed her the most, but decided to embrace it. 

It was no surprise that Valaena would bring a smile even to Rhaenyra's face because the young Princess had always had a contagious energy that allowed her to light up everywhere she went. Valaena's infectious cheerfulness led their father to decide to have Valaena on his lap during small council meetings or whenever he would listen to petitions in the Throne Room, as he claimed that the Realm needed to witness the joy that Valaena exuded.