CHAPTER ONE.

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 ❙

Viserys Targaryen was no stranger to the grief of losing a person he loved

Viserys Targaryen was no stranger to the grief of losing a person he loved. He had lost his mother at a young age, and his father followed shortly. He had lost many children throughout his life, and most recently he had lost his wife, his beloved Aemma. Perhaps Viserys would be a hypocrite for mourning the loss of his wife, the one he had had a hand on stripping away from life, but the empty hole of his heart didn't care for morality, it cared for loss.

Through the many losses in his life, Viserys had come to question what grief was. Many Maesters replied that grief was sorrow, the overwhelming emotion of losing someone. Grief was the anguish, the pain, the disbelief, or denial. There were many answers to what grief was, but they all shared the same root. Grief was born from raw emotion.

At some point, Viserys liked to believe they were right, but he had come to his own conclusion of what grief truly was. For him, grief was really just love. It's all the love anyone wanted to give but could not. All of that unspent love that would gather up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest.

Grief was just love with no place to live.

Viserys had always been told that his heart was the size of the Narrow Sea, and while he had once taken the compliment with great pride, it now hunted him in his sleep. His love for Aemma had been pure, he had loved her with his entire heart, and with her death, she had taken with her his heart, leaving only an empty place in his chest.

No matter how much Viserys regretted his actions, there was nothing he could do anymore. Aemma was dead, the Kingdom was mourning their Prince and Queen, and Viserys was certain that his family would never be the same after what he had done.

His beloved Rhaenyra could not look him in the face, and she had taken to retreating to her room on her own, not allowing anyone to see her. It hurt Viserys that he was causing her so much pain, but he didn't know what to do or say to his daughter. Every time he looked at her, he only saw Aemma staring back at him, so a part of him was almost thankful that his daughter had decided to not seek him out.

But he missed Rhaenyra. Yet, the last time his daughter- eldest daughter, had spoken to him was five moons prior and it was only to inform him of her baby sister's name, the one Aemma had chosen before she passed away.

Valaena.

Truth be told, Viserys had almost forgotten about his newest child. He knew that the newest Princess was well taken care of by her flock of handmaidens and septas, who had not left her side since she had been born. The women had all been personally chosen by Aemma for the new arrival of a royal baby, so if there was one thing Viserys could be certain of was that his daughter was well taken care of.