The Siren's Song

All I had wanted was to be normal. That's all. Ever since I was born, I was always different. I was always the best singer, best dancer, best swimmer, but I always felt like there was a reason that I was like that. I found out one day after school.

I had gone to my place on the rocky shore of Lake Erie by Marble-head Lighthouse, and stuck my feet into the murky shore. I sang the lullaby, full of a made-up language, I had heard from my mother.

"La la luu.

Lee lou lei

I will see you again when the waves catch me

La la luu

Lee lou lei

I will find you when the waves catch me

Through the storm, I'll see your face

Reminding me, there's no time to waste

La la luu

Lee lou lei

I will see you when the waves catch me"

There were splashes in the water, my fish friends coming to see me. They always came after I sang.

"Hello, fishies! Want to hear more?"

They splashed about, spraying me with the lake water. I sang the lullaby again and left.

"Girl! Where have you been?"

I looked up at her. The most disgusting person I have ever known. When I sang to the other orphans, she beat me within an inch of my life. The bruises always form, but I can't feel them.

"Sorry, lady, but as of today, I am 14. I don't need you to tell me what to do."

"Oh really? Well if I tell you to go clean the stairs like you were SUPPOSED to, or I would give you fifty whacks with Mr. Responsibility?" She has been threatening people with Mr. Responsibility since I was five. Mr. Responsibility was just a branch that she yanked from a tree.

"Go ahead and give me those fifty whacks. I'm not cleaning your stupid stairs."

"Fine then, get in my office. I'll go get Mr. Responsibility from his room." Yes. That's right. Mr. Responsibility has his own room, when I have to share with 20 other girls. I hate that lady. I walked into her office, and bent down. She sent each whack to my booty with a yell of each number.

"There, now you will go to bed without supper."

 She doesn't give us any smurfing supper anyways. I thought as I pretended to limp up to my room. What? I have to pretend like I'm hurt or she'll just threaten me with something that does!

"Hunnie? Will you sing to us please?"

"Not now, doll, the lady just gave me fifty whacks."

"Oh, sorry."

"Why don't you guys finish your chores? I'll be better by then."

"Yay! Let's go finish!"

Gosh, I would have hated to see them given whacks for not finishing chores. And that's right, my name is Hunnie. My mom gave me that name before I came here. It's dumb, but it really has stuck. I sat up there and waited for the girls. School had been long and hard. I never paid any attention, and I didn't like it. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I grew up because considering The Lady only had one job and was horrible at it, I never really wanted to get a job. There are barely any cute guys at my standards (dark hair, green eyes, swimmer/singer (not dancer because dancing guys are usually....curvy, like not straight if you get what I'm saying)) and all the girls are too preppy to be friends with me. I mean, I don't exactly fit their cookie-cutter human. Blonde, delicate, high fashion. I was more like a freckled, ginger, punky moron. But I do admit that I thought my blue eyes gave me character.

"Hunnie! We're done!"

"Oh, great! Do you want to hear some singing?"

"Yes! Ya! Please Hunnie?" All the girls yelled at me

"Okay, here's to all you glee fans out there...

What have I done?

I wish I could run,

away from this ship goin under.

Just trying to help hurt everyone else

Now I feel the weight of the world is on my shoulders

What can you do when your good isn't good enough, and all that you touch tumbles down?"

"SHUT UP UP THERE! I'M TRYING TO EAT AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR STUPID MUSIC!"

"SHUT UP DOWN THERE! I'M TRYING TO SING AND I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOUR UGLY VOICE!"

"I'M COMING UP THERE! YOU ARE ALL GETTING 100 WHACKS WITH MR. RESPONSIBILITY!"

"Sorry girls, I'm going to have to leave. I'm sorry that I caused you all of this trouble." I packed a quick bag with birthday money from my grandparents I had gotten and saved every year, some clothing items, and of course, my blankie. I put my foot on the windowsill, the way I had wanted to do for years, looked back and saw The Lady coming through the door angrily, and leaped out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!! What goes on? Im soooo happy i've finally written about a.... well you'll find out. and not to mention, i really super like this story. it's super early in the morning in cloudy Ohio, and my parents don't allow me on the computer this early, usually. So please, vote, comment, pick your nose, go smurf spotting! I don't care! OH WAIT! I DO CARE! DON'T PICK YOUR NOSE! IT'S SUPER GROSS! lol so ttyl... and i need at least 20 reads before i write again.

LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SMURFING MUCH-

April-13