Chapter One : New City

Chapter one: New city

As I packed all my belongings and headed for the airport. As I packed away my clothes and personal belonging the memories flooded back to me like a hurricane. The memories stung. She was gone and gone for good. How could my best friend leave me like that? She just left a note saying she needed time to be free when we were leaving to Paris. Now I have to make the trip alone. I was moving to Paris for a wonderful journalism school. It was there I would meet my family. My real family. The tears stung and spilled. I was meeting the people who were supposed to raise me. The people who call out of nowhere and ask me to come live with them. What they wanted me for I had no idea but I was going that was for sure a fact.

My adoptive parents said it would be nice for me to go with them the hotness of the tears stung my cheeks and made me wipe them away. I was finally going to meet the people who gave me up and shipped me to America. I was born in France but somehow ended up with an American passport and American family. I knew French but I was scared. Scared of leaving all I knew behind and scared to death of the unknown. What was I going to do? I was meeting strangers and I was scared shitless. I finished packing away all the things my adoptive parents had gave me and took my memories with me. I already missed America. I grabbed my car keys and started dragging my bags and luggage down the stairs of the house I grew up in. I was going to be isolated in Paris so my family said to take my memories good and bad.

I had a feeling that this was going to be a nightmare and I had no idea why. Was it my real family? Was it the unknown? Was it the fact that I would have to leave the place I called home? Maybe it was all but the only thing that I was certain about was I was leaving and sooner or later I would be coming back. Not soon enough but soon. I wondered what it would be like. My family all got into their cars and helped come with me to the airport to see me off to the strangest of lands. The lands of fashion.

*Memory*

"Darling! There's a letter for you! Maybe it's from Sherrie!" I jumped off the bed forgetting that I had my legs all tangled in the sheets so I landed face first on the floor. I quickly got up and headed down the stairs stumbling all the way there before snatching the envelope and ripped and ripped it open. Sherrie, my best friend, had been missing for months. Her parents were going to make her start a career on law instead of journalism with me. They thought that I gave her the idea to run away. But it wasn't me it was Pedro. Her boyfriend. I pushed the thoughts aside and read the letter. To my great disappointment it was not my best friend. It was some random stranger. I had always known I was adopted but I had never known who my parents were.

The letter read something like this:

Dear Penelope,

        This is your real family from Paris, France and we would like you to come home. We miss you and are dearly dreading that you come home to join us in our live. This is where you rightfully belong. We know you may not want to some see you people who gave you away but this is where you are suppose to be. Your family is not your family and we need you here. We need you in France. Your brothers and sisters miss you. Came back to your right and true family. We need you now like never before. This is your mother and I want you to come home; this family is falling apart and we think that you can fix this. Please don't let my family fall apart because of one simple mistake I made.

                                         Signed,

                                      Your family

The letter ended like this. But this wasn't enough for me. They sent letter after letter asking me to go. It was getting on my mother's nerves so she said I would go for the summer. I pleaded and begged but the more I begged the more she extended the time until she said that I would have to live with them until I was 18. I had graduated early so I was heading off in the early end of the year. I said goodbye to all my friends and left it at that.

*Memory over*

Now the packing was done. All my items and bags on a plane and me sitting down on a seat near the window. I watched as we took off and watched as I saw the airport become smaller and smaller into the distance. Fading it took all the land I knew and yet even more took all I had ever known. I was doomed to another land. New and foreign to me all the things in the world. I would be in France and I would have a new family and a new person. I would have a new life all together. I didn’t want a new life though I just wanted to be home and safe from the entire unknown in the world. I now officially hated Paris, France

*After the Airplane Ride*

The windy season in France placed a gentle smile on my face as I sat on a wooden bench. I let my eye wonder to all the new people, the big city of Paris. My eye wandered to the flowers and the fountain. This city was such a sight to see. It was amazing the smell and the idea of just being here for my journalism was more then exciting but I still dreaded meeting the new family I had or was suppose to have. I walked back into the airport and took out my phone. I called the number the lat letter had told me to call when I arrived at the airport. I walked faster and faster wanting to leave these people behind. I was still scared shitless and I couldn’t handle being here alone. I walked until I bumped into someone and then it all went down hill from there. I muttered a quick sorry and started to run away but the stranger grabbed my wrist and stared at me. I felt his gaze but didn’t want to meet his stare.

I finally looked up when I realized he was not going to let go of me. When my gaze met his I was shaken from my nightmare. His bright, intense blue eyes stared at me with some sort of question. I would have gladly answered the question if I had any idea of what it was. He was at least 6 ft. and 7 inches in height compared to my measly 5ft. and 6 inches. I felt so small compared to him. His short brown hair was so soft looking making me want to run my hair through his hair. I bit down on my lip and looked away this man was obviously holding me for something I just didn’t know why. I stared at his big hands and wondered why he was still holding me. “Why are you holding my?” My voice a mere whisper and it surprised me in every way. I looked back at him and he smirked before letting me go. “I was going to ask who you were running from but seems you weren’t running. “ His voice was velvet and smooth. It locked me into a hypnotizes state. I looked back up at him and this time something drove me to glare at him “Then why didn’t you let me go as soon as you figured this out!”

He smiled at me then drove off into a memory type of state. I took this as my chance and let walking faster and faster and called again. This time the only answer was. “I’m outside in a black Benz.” I shut the phone and walked out not bothering to look back and see if the psychotic maniac was following me. I hurried and spotted the car ran to it with all my bags banged against the trunk until it popped open. There was a crowd surrounding the entrance of the airport. Without a second glance I threw all the bags in and slammed the trunk closed walked to the front seat and then opened the door to reveal an 18 year old male looking bored. He met my gaze and smiled before patting the seat next to him. I slowly slid in the car. He smiled before sticking his hands out and introducing himself. “Hi, I’m Kyle and I’m your older brother by 7 months.” I smiled and shook his hand. “I’m Penelope and I’m your younger sister by 7 months.” I said this with a small smile he laughed before starting to ask me questions about America and such. I smiled and thought that maybe this wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I liked Kyle he was nice. We passed the city until we got to a suburban looking place and drove into a drive way of 2 story house building. I looked and smiled. It reminded me of home. My real home. The place I actually belonged. I grabbed my bags and walked to the front of the house. The door swung open to reveal a woman in her mid 40’s and a man in his mid 40’s too. They smiled at me with a huge grin. I guess those are my parents. I stared at them and quietly asked where my room was. They laughed and showed me up the stairs to the last room on the left hallway.

I walked into see the room was a welcoming dark grey. It had a light grey carpet and made me feel neutral. I liked the feeling of it. Like home again it reminded me. I dumped all my bags there and then started to put my posters up. The bands I would be waiting to see here as much as in America. Since my mom had made me come here she said she would send me money for the concerts. I was in no rush to start school just yet. This was my summer. The air was starting to warm up. I put up my many posters and put my clothes away. I pulled on my second best friend’s shirt. It was an Escape the Fate shirt. This might just be fun. I heard my door open and turned to see a rather pissed looking girl. She had golden wavy hair and some hardened brown eyes. She had pale skin and stood maybe an inch taller then me. My voice demanded its freedom dn slipped of my control. “Who are you?”