Chapter Two: Meeting The New Girl

Chapter 2 : Meeting The New Girl

This girl with golden strands of wavy gorgeous hair made me want to snarl at her for some strange reason. Her hardened brown eyes filled with hate right off the bat. I didn’t even know this girl and she already hated me. “Who are you?” My voice sounded just like I felt and probably looked. I was completely utterly pissed. I already wanted to punch her. Her presence engulfed me with perfume. What she wanted from me I had no clue yet I was not looking to find out. She sneered at me and spoke her voice too high pitched for her own good. “What is all the banging against my wall?!”

I flinched as her voice screeched. Jesus she was the only thing that reminded me of Medusa. I dare not look her in the eyes. I lowered my head and spoke with the single response that was not hitting her across the face. “ That so called banging was me stapling posters. If you don’t like it throw on some headphones!” I put air marks on the banging because I was stapling not hammering. I heard her laugh a freakish laugh and flinched again. “Why don’t you look me in the eye and say that.” I didn’t lift my head because she was just some much more than I could bare and also the Medusa thing.

“Well darling I would love to see your face but I’m kind of scared that you will just turn me into stone. That and the fact that I oh so badly want to hit you in the face.” I smiled at him self before turning around and getting back to my posters. She screeched and turn around and slammed my door. Poor door she probably made that into stone too. I looked around for a nice corner and started to put up endless posters covering all my walls. I had no idea what that girl’s name was and she already was making me want to hit her. By the minutes passing and me just putting posters up I got hungry and wandered down stairs. I was not about to be awkward in a house that my “family” lived in.

I walked down into the living room to see a small 5 year old to be glued t the T.V. I smiled as he looked up at me in wonder and confusion. I had a slight feeling that he was going to be sweet. “Who are you?” His voice soft and confused. I smiled at him and then spoke trying my hardest not to scare the little kid. “I’m your family.” He started at me in shock. “You’re Penelope?” I smiled nodding my head and he smiled at me before patting the seat next to him on the floor. I shook my head and just smiled at him. “I have to go start working n my room. What’s your name?” His dark eyes looked disappointed but he smiled at me and told me his name was Jake. I smiled at his name.

“Well Jake do you want me to make you a sandwich?” He nodded eagerly and then I walked off into a room that seemed like the kitchen. I walked in to see Kyle and some other guy talking they both stopped talking as I entered the room. “Hey Kyle.” I walked towards the fridge and took out some ham, lettuce, and that white stuff. I pulled out the bread and cheese and got to work. I made one for me and one for Jake. “I hope one of those are for me.” I looked up to see grey stormy eyes looking awfully close to me. I didn’t know his name but seeing that the brown eyes in the family weren’t there I assumed he didn’t belong. I shook my head and laughed. “Are you a 5 year old boy in the living room watching Sponge Bob?” He shook his head. “Well then no sandwich for you.” I pretended to be upset and started pouting making his full lips pop out from the rest of his face. 

I laughed and said bye to Kyle after putting away all the things I used. I handed Jake his sandwich and walked up the stairs leaving him to watch Sponge Bob alone. I walked back into my room to see this other girl with light brunette hair. She had her back facing me as she stared at the posters that I had. I cleared my throat and she turned to me meeting me with the same brown eyes as the family. It seemed that I was the only one out of this family. I was the only one so far to have colored eyes. I stared at her with an arched brow before asking what her name was. She smiled at me and said her name was Claire. “How many children do my parents have?” She smiled. “There’s : Mitch, the oldest and 22, Marie and she’s only 20, Kyle, who is 18, You and there was Nancy, You had a twin named Nancy who dies in a car crash about last year. “ She smiled sadly and then continued. “There’s also :  Darren, who’s 15, Nick, who’s 13, Julie, who’s 12, and Jake, who’s 5. “ I nodded and shook my head while smiling. “So is there something I can help you with?” She looked at me and nodded. “I was just wondering if you were like Josie. Josie is 16 and quite unbearable anyway.” I was thinking that was the girl who came in here earlier. “She came in here earlier.”