Prologue

As much as everybody would like to admit it, nobody's perfect. Nobody in this entire world can be perfect or will be perfect, it's just a part of life.

Imperfection can come in many fomats, however. Some people have a nervous tic, and everybody is not intelligent enough. So, it may not come as a surprise that some people are not thin enough.

I wasn't paticularly smart, maybe not that pretty, but I was fat. I was unhealthy and I didn't look good. That didn't stop me from trying to hang out with the popular kids, or try to make friends. However, I made two very good friends I will treasure for the rest of my life.

The start of the summer before my senior year, I got food poisoning. I had laid in bed for days leading into the last week of August. I wasn't able to see my friends, and overall I felt very bad. One day I got up and actually took a look at myself in the mirror. My surprise was evident on my face as I carefully touched the baggy shirt to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating.

Even my friends didn't know that I was thin. But on the day before vacation ended and school started, I made sure to promise to myself that I would never change. I would not become the way my tormenters were.

If I had kept that promise, everything would be simple.