Chapter Three

The principal and vice principals were outside the doors greeting everyone as they passed by. They had a smile plastered onto their face, and I could see they were as bored and angry that summer was over as the rest of us. I could tell that they did not recognize me. It wasn't a surprise, it wasn't as if I went out of my way to be known.

By the time I entered homeroom the smiles seemed to be painful for the teacher. However we went through orientation like every other class.

Thankfully, we had to sit in seats by alphabetical order, so there was not the embarassment of sitting by myself. I wrung my hands together and looked up, trying to see if anybody was going to comment on my new appearance. All of them kept blabbering on to their seatmates although some had probably met for the first time.

Then, the truth hit me. I closed my eyes as I let it sink it. Even though I know it to be true, I didn't want to even accept that possibility.

No one was going to care that I suddenly got thin. "What was I to think that everything would change?"

Looking around the class, I studied them much like I did before. Then I was fat, and now I was suddenly thin. "But why does feeling thin feel the same as being fat?"

I shook my head at those eerily ominoius-sounding words. "Feeling thin is much more better." Everybody stood up and went out the door. I followed them with more of a waddle then anything.

In the loud hallway, me saying, out loud, "I guess I have U.S. Government first." was not heard by anybody, including me. I tried to shove past the people and concentrate on not feeling violated. It was pretty hard when you have your personal space ruptured by five different people.

Sitting down in the classroom, I looked around to see the teacher. "He looks a little young to be a teacher. Whatever."

Two bleached-blondes sat in the seat in front of me. They appeared to be wearing a long belt for a skirt, and see-through tank tops above a bandeu. Unfortunately, their heels were so high I couldn't see anything.

"Hello! My name is Mr. Grisall and I will be your teacher for the next year. It may be cut short. The previous teacher was pregnant and is chosing to stay home earlier since this is her first child. Depending on her, she may or may not replace me this year - or even next year. So!" He clapped his hands together. "How do you like our government!

"James! Oops, I mean Mr. Grisall!" The person sitting directly in front of me didn't bother to raise her hand.

"What is it Brittney?"

"I have your boxers in my house. Your fiancee, asked me to bring it to you." She said fiancee with a cold bite.

Sighing, Mr. Grisall ran his hands through his hair and looked at Brittney. The class was now in bursts of giggling and whispering. "Can I teach my class now?"

"But it's true!" Brittney pouted. "Tell him Dani."

Whoever was next to Brittney straightened her posture. "Her sister did tell you that. I saw." Nodding, she tensed her shoulders. It was almost diplomatic. Of course, once the tan and the bleached hair came into play, she looked a little weird. Pretty nonetheless, but still weird.

He shooed them out of class. If it wasn't so outrageous - Brittney coming in and out of the classroom because she sweared she lost her phone, and Dani trying to talk to Mr. Grisall - it would almost be pathetic. But the class acted as if they were used to it.

Well, maybe they were, but I wasn't. Usually I would be in the back of the class doodling on a piece of scrap paper. At the beginning of the year the teachers would be wondering what I was "working on", but when they realized that I was turning in well-done assignments they had no objections. All I did was read my textbook when I was at home and research a little.