Chapter 3: Why Danna, Un?

Deidara sat pouting on his bed after being dragged kicking back to his room. Sasori plopped the crazy pyromaniac on his bed and sat right back down at his own desk again in silence. Deidara sat in silence as well, wondering what happened to the cold and unforgiving puppet master that he once knew. 

"Hey Danna?"

"What?" Sasori growled at being interrupted by the same person twice in a row. Not that he would be any happier to be interrupted by different people, but having it be Deidara simply gives him an excuse to be grouchy. 

"Why, un?" The redhead sighed. Some questions were simply not asked, or from a different perspective, only asked by annoying idiots. The silence that came after Deidara's question was unnerving; even the scratchy sounds of Sasori sculpting his puppets didn't exist. The blondie picked at his nail polish nervously. He hadn't meant to be annoying, though annoying seemed to be his strong suit if his Danna was in the picture. 

Sasori was also picking at his nails nervously, but the physical action of 'picking' was done in his head. To a normal bystander, he sat stiffly in his chair, doing nothing whatsoever while staring holes into his desk. The question was no better than a child asking his parents where babies come from. How was Sasori supposed to answer something like that? He had no experience in building any friendships or family-ships or romance-ships with anyone except his grandmother, and even that was purely her effort. But he had to answer, or risk embarrassing himself further. It's not as if I care about the brat. I just couldn't work because of the noise, Sasori thought. And so, inner Sasori nodded along with the horrible excuse that there really was no reason behind his actions at all. 

"Because I couldn't focus with all the ruckus you and Hidan were making." He finally replied after a few long minutes of silence. Inner Sasori peeled at his nail polish even faster. Did Deidara believe him, or was he going to pester him even more? However, the puppet master had no way of knowing that after all his intelligent excuse-making, it would all be brought to nothing with one word. 

"Sure Danna, un." Or three. The little brat was deliberately making a fool out of him! He knew! He knew all along that Sasori was never really annoyed by him, and that he only made it seem so because the rest of the Akatsuki wouldn't have respected him otherwise.  Sasori frowned and turned around to glare at Deidara for his response to Sasori's response to what was his question in the first place. But as Sasori swiveled around, his whole face nearly collided with a mop of yellow. As his eyes focused on the sight that was way too close to him, he realized it was Deidara leaning in to say something. 

"You know you love me, yeah." He said. Giggling, he turned around and with a shake of his hips in Sasori's direction, he strutted off into the bathroom enjoying the look of surprise on his Danna's face. And boy, it was a look of surprise indeed. Sasori stared as Deidara wiggled his rump enticingly. His breath was caught in his nonexistent lungs when Deidara's face was only an inch away from his. His heart was beating so loudly that he nearly missed what the other said. 'You know you love me'. Was that a hint that his discreet staring wasn't very discreet? Sasori quite often found himself staring at the backside of his partner after the trip outside the base. Because of that and the coincidence that Pain hasn't given any missions, he hasn't left the base since. Sasori was very convinced that if he and his partner were entirely and completely alone outside, off on a mission that included only the two of them, he might do something he'll regret in the long run.

 While Deidara giggled even more to himself in the shower, Sasori sat fuming and somewhat relieved in a horrible predicament. Somewhat relieved because Deidara had turned around and entered the bathroom before he could see the deep red blush that colored the redhead's face. On the other hand, Sasori was completely done with his stupid puppet body because he now had a raging boner. It was never supposed to work this way! Sasori yelled in his mind. He never intended for his puppets to have working genitals. But one time Kisame made a joke about Sasori having a 'shiny crotch' and it got brought up with any talk of the puppet master in any conversation. Sasori hated being a laughingstock, and he hated changing his art for other people, but if having a working penis from his old body that he doesn't need demands the respect he deserves, then so be it.