Chapter 2: Covering Others For No Reason Whatsoever

Sasori sits once again at his desk, fiddling away at work on his newest creation. Pain has mentioned a goal of collecting tailed beasts, and Sasori heard he would be gathering the one-tailed Shukaku. The day for the Akatsuki to start their action was still quite far away, even with Sasori being first in line. 

Sasori sighed, putting down his tools and half-carved wood. The slightest noise from outside his room annoyed him to no end. He stood up and heard his knees crack. He looked down and mentally made a note for maintenance on his own body. It can wait a few minutes though, since he had a closet full of spare parts he could attach, even if they were somewhat not as good quality. The real problem was his idiot of a partner making a ruckus outside. Sighing, he made another note to ask Pain if he could soundproof his room. Or, better yet, soundproof his head.

Walking down the hallway, Sasori frowns at the sight of Deidara fighting with Hidan in the living room. The two loudest idiots in the house just had to start an argument now. He walked over and pulled Deidara away from the albino and back towards their room.

"Wait, ya asshole!" Hidan shouted and cut off their path. "The blond bitch still owes me a hundred!"

"Shut up, Hidan." Sasori grumbled and tried to shove him aside. However, because of the small size of Sasori's normal puppet body, Hidan was able to completely block him of without budging.

"No! Not before he gives Kakuzu his money back!" Hidan protested. Sasori sighed, knowing that this time, Hidan wasn't just messing around. He also knew that if Hidan is serious, he won't give in until he gets his way.

"Why are you fighting him over Kakuzu's money problems?" Sasori questioned.

"Because he thinks that I took his money! And if I don't find it by today, he's gonna hand me my ass!"

"But you want him to touch your ass, un." Deidara chimed in.

"Shut up!" Sasori yelled at Deidara, causing the other to let out a little 'eep' before scrambling back into the living room. Turning to Hidan, he asked, "What does any of this have to do with us?"

"No. Not with you. Just with the Blondie. The only person who spent money in the last week is him!"

Sasori let out a sigh and walked back into the living room. "Deidara," he called, and a pile of blondness peeked out from behind the couch. "Did you take Kakuzu's money?"

"No..." the other hesitantly replied.

Sasori put on his un-moving puppet face and rephrased his words, "What did you buy this week?"

"Just a few necessities, un."

"With what money?"

"Just some that I found lying around, un."

"Where?"

"In Hidan's room?" Deidara grew very quiet after answering the last question when he saw the look on Hidan's face.

"You fucking bastard!" The Jashinist shouted and launched an attack with his bare fists at Deidara.

"Danna! Help!" Deidara cried and escaped from his hiding spot only to hide once again behind Sasori.

"Hidan." A deep voice growled from the hallway of rooms. The trio turned to see Kakuzu quickly stride toward them and pick Hidan up by his neck.

"Where is it? I assume since you have so much time to be making a ruckus, you have the money you owe me?" Kakuzu hissed in Hidan's ear, making him quiver slightly in fear, or perhaps it was in anticipation. 

"Kakuzu." Upon hearing his name, the zombie man turned around to face the red-haired puppet master.

"Here," Sasori stated nonchalantly, "This should cover everything my partner took from you." He pulled out a sizeable stack of 100's from inside his oversized cloak. Kakuzu looked surprised, not expecting the puppet master to do something like this.

Sasori handed the stack to Kakuzu and turned, dragging Deidara back to their room, "Keep the change and talk of Hidan's ass away from us." Kakuzu blinked, taken by surprise.

Turning back to Hidan, who was choking in his grip, he asked, "You didn't take it?" Hidan frantically shook his head, and Kakuzu let him go. Falling to the floor, Hidan gasped for breath.

"The hell was that for, you old-"

"Shut up. You're forgiven." Kakuzu muttered, dragging Hidan down the hallway as well.

Hidan was about to start protesting when something clicked in his mind. Kakuzu had said he was forgiven. Did he actually say that Hidan was forgiven? Did it finally happen? Was Kakuzu finally showing kindness toward his partner?

"Did you just-"

"No. Shut up." Kakuzu cut him off, but Hidan smiled. He had been forgiven.