First-timers

Matilda's POV
Matt....Matt....Matilda !!!
I was fast asleep when I heard someone shouting my name... deep in my sleep I heard the person's voice like it was echoing from miles away.

The shout was so piercing and unbearable so I was forced to
wake up.
As I made my way to the door I recognized whose voice it was....it was obviously Uncle Ekow's.
When I opened the door he quickly entered the room with a cold and stern look.

"Matilda do you know what's ahead of you today.."

"Not that I remember uncle, is today your birthday.."

"Noo Matt... you're beginning school today...."

I really panicked when he drew my attention to today's "event" I couldn't comprehend how I forgot about it.

"Oh no"

"Oh yes Matilda Huges.... and you have just thirty minutes to prepare for the class so hurry up. When you're done dressing move straight to the summer hut.

When uncle Ekow departed,I quickly rushed downstairs to fetch Auntie Loiusa my "trusted stylist"😉

I scanned the entire living room but she was nowhere to be found. I made headway to the room because time was ticking off....to my surprise when I got there... Auntie Loiusa was there already ,she had  selected my clothes as expected... I  felt very relieved 😅....at least for sometime

"awwn Auntie Loiusa,you're such a dorling......thank you so much"

" dor.....what? ei Ewurabena dem words no so ɛkɔte fri he"

(Auntie Loiusa calls Matilda by her native name "Ewurabena")

"...oww Auntie Loiusa... it simply means that you're an amazing person"

"yoo I've heard you  young lady....now hurry up and get going you're late for the class"

I quickly wore what Auntie Loiusa selected for me and made headway to the hut.

(MATILDA'S OUTFIT FOR CLASS)

As I was walking towards the summer hut, I caught sight with a young light skinned gentleman sitting on one of the benches..... When I saw him I couldn't take my eyes off him... He was constantly looking at my direction...so duh I had to look back at  him 😏.....His orange shirt with white shorts gave him a striking look it just looked perfect on him.....

"Good morning  beautiful lady I'm Justin....nice to meet you..."

".... nice to meet you too Justin"

"You're Matilda right?"

"Yeah...me right here"

"Wonderful....so I'll be taking you for the writing skills and basic literacy class...I hope you're ready.."

”Of course I'm ready....I've been waiting for this my whole life.."

"So how I'm I suppose to address you ?... should I call you teacher Justin or Mr. Justin or Uncle Justin

(Justin laughed uncontrollably he was simply amazed at how Matilda was opting random titles to address him ....)

"🤣🤣🤣🤣......oww noo Matilda you can address me anyhow you want so far as my name is attached to the "former" I'm okay with it..."

"Ok then I'll go with Sir Justin...is that fine with you.."

"Yeah...absolutely you can call me that if you want to level up the formality.."

(They both burst into laughter)

"But Matilda if I may ask how are able to fluently speak English but never been to classroom before."

"Well all I can say is that, that's what happens when you're born into a home like mine.My dad does not believe in educating a girl,but he claims that learning how to speak the English language is "a plus" for everyone"

"woooow I'm amazed at your Dad's way of thinking...but don't worry that's why all of us are here to help you out. We'll do our very best so that you catch up as fast as possible"

"Us" what does he mean by that I wonder how many home school tutors Uncle Ekow hired to teach me. I hope they're just a few, after all it's only me they're teaching.

When we begun the class I was a bit confused. But things started to fall in place with Sir Justin's assistance 😉.

By the end of the class, I was personally impressed with the progress I had made. I was able to correctly spell, write boldly and clearly some random English words.

Sir Justin shared same joy with me. He told me that if I continuously approach my studies with this level of seriousness  then I'll be able to finish the course within just a year.

I was very excited today,I got the hope that once I did very well in my first class I'll be able to excel greatly as time goes on..I just couldn't wait for the subsequent classes ahead...

(A/N hello fellas , 👋🏾 I am soo sorry for the delays I've been quiet busy with school stuff but I promise I'll be publishing more chapters from now onwards. See y'all later....
O.J 😉)