Ns3mbisa

UNCLE EKOW'S POV
Right after recession I went back inside to look for Matilda. From a distance I saw her having a conversation with Lisa the parish secretary.

As I approached them, Lisa was stirring at me and smiling. My gosh I just couldn't resist but to look straight into her eye she looked stunning and bright in her Violet Kente cloth and her dimple....goodness.

But I wondered why Matilda of all the people in the church spoke to Lisa. And  what at all was she doing here, that girl had a lot to explain.

LISA ; Ekow....Hello....(she snaps her finger) what at all are you thinking.
EKOW; he....he..llo Lisa you look gre..at ( both Lisa and Matilda glanced at each other and began to laugh.)

LISA; Don't try to change the topic Ekow, what were you thinking you almost pushed the offering bowl  when you were coming. You look lost in your thoughts tell me what's on your mind.

(Ekow Begins to soliloquy)
I wish I could propose right now and pledge my bows to her at the alter. Lisa....my beloved Lisa, this girl has stolen my soul my heart and even my breathe.

LISA; EKOW!!
EKOW; I was thinking you erhm I... mean...I was not thinking...

LISA; You were not thinking hah hmm.( Lisa bursts into laughter ).

EKOW; Yah...You know let's put this aside I have to speak with that human being.

LISA; oh so you know her indeed

EKOW; Yah she's my niece.

EKOW; Matt... follow me.

MATILDA; Okay.

LISA; Hey try not to be harsh on the Lady you have to understand her.

EKOW; I will try. (Ekow drags Matilda outside the church)

EKOW; Now speak up girl, what on earth are you doing here... why would you choose to come to church at this place with the numerous churches in Winneba . You could have gone missing Matilda.....

MATILDA'S POV
Uncle Ekow went on and on bewailing about my surprise visit . But I wondered what he would do if I tell him about my actual purpose for coming.

I was scared he will call dad to come for me right away but I decided to tell him the truth anyway since he was not in talking terms with Dad.

EKOW; so tell me Matt(Uncle Ekow usually addresses Matilda as such) what are you doing here.

Matilda; I am  here because I'm  tired.

EKOW ; You are here cos you're tired!! huh? Do you hear yourself at all.

MATILDA ; I came here to live with you... Uncle cos I'm tired of that...of... that .... Wicked brother of yours and for your information its either you take me in or I drown myself in a river cos I'm not going back there . Its better I die than to stay in the four corners of that horrified man's territory.

MATILDA'S POV.
As I was speaking Uncle Ekow had turned to face the wall, I knew that he was so annoyed with how I was addressing dad and the next thing to expect when he turned was a slap but I was ready for it.... I would try my all in all to convince him to allow me to stay.

KENTE

Kente is a type of silk and cotton fabric made of interwoven cloth strips and is native to the Akan tribe in Ghana

Kente is a type of silk and cotton fabric made of interwoven cloth strips and is native to the Akan tribe in Ghana. Kente is made in Akan lands such as Ashanti Kingdom and by Akans in Ivory Coast. It is also worn by many other groups who have been influenced by Akans.

A/N ; Hello fellows I know its been a long time and I'm so sorry 😭😭 it's school work and other stuff  that has kept me busy but I would publish a lot of chapters as often as I can before I leave. For school again. Bye....