Nowhere Else But Down

After losing my daughter it didn't take me long to ignore some of the major rules in society. I would get off work and immediately start drowning in whatever glass bottle I could get my hands on. My roommates were no help and actually encouraged me to do these things.

At this time I was eighteen years old, had just broken up with my boyfriend, and lost the babygirl he'd known nothing about.

It didn't take long for me to make the foolish decision of not going into work anymore. I put more time into hanging out with my roommates and drinking the pain away than I did realizing the mistake I'd made.

After a while I ended up on the streets of a large city I'd never been to before and by this time I was sober and it was the middle of winter. I ended up making my own shelter in an abandoned freight station and earning money by singing and dancing for people in the streets. I was getting better at understanding the world around me and for some reason nobody made fun of the way I spoke.

I met a lot of people with their own backgrounds and stories. There was an older man who treated me kindly and would even give me food even though he'd barely have any.

I spent quite a while on those streets by myself and I learned a lot from simply watching the world around me. There were a few times I noticed what looked like a see through glass bubble around society; it seperated them from us. A literal apparition of a walk through bubble surrounding everyone and everything that is our twisted society.