Deadly Ignorance

I used to believe that people could be inherently good. Even after everything that was done I always thought that there could be decency in society. This way of thinking proved to be wrong.

After being out of the house for a while, I ended up changing jobs, and moving to a large city. By this time I was eighteen. My boyfriend and I got into one of the worst fights. He hadn't known until then that I was pregnant. Later that same night I was with my two roommates as we were coming back to our house from work, we got into an accident.

An accident that should've cost me my life.  I remember sitting in the backseat behind the driver, both roommates were upfront, and the light on our side was green. The same familiar feeling of dread washed over me and for some reason I looked over to my left. A big black truck came barreling toward us and ran square into the passenger side door behind the driver; where I was.

The next few seconds happened in a blur and were told to me later in the hospital by one of my roommates. The door caved in on me at the same time my head hit the back of the driver's seat and I was knocked unconscious. Glass went everywhere and lucky I was wearing my seatbelt or I would've been thrown out of the car.

However I wasn't concerned for my well-being just the well-being of my unborn daughter. Her name was going to be Aria Illene and even though I knew I wasn't financially or mentally ready to care for her I was still going to try. Regardless of if her father wanted to help us or not.

I learned however that while I was unconscious inside of a smoking and smashed vehicle that I had a miscarriage. I ended up losing my daughter and after that my life took on a complete downward spiral that nobody could save me from, not even myself.