Day thirteen

I feel something poking my cheek and already feel all of yesterday’s affection for Harry disappearing because of his absolutely annoying actions.

He’s poking my cheek again and I feel like strangling him. “Harry”, I groan, “Stop it.”

“The weather is really nice”, he whispers and I already go soft again, “I made breakfast. Even got croissants from a baker in a van that was here.”

I need to press my lips together in order not to smile and nod slightly. “Okay.”

I open my eyes a little and see him sitting next to me, smiling broadly, his hair tied up into a bun, still a little damp from a shower he must’ve taken already.

“You’re so productive, it sucks.”

He laughs and climbs out of bed, opening the door so some fresh air streams into the van before jumping out again, sitting down on his stupid bucket and drawing once again.

I slip out of my pyjama and slip into sweatpants and a shirt instead before getting outside as well. The breakfast he prepared probably really is the best I’ve had in weeks, there’s some chocolate croissants, tea and toast on the table, as well as fresh cheese and jam. Harry must’ve been at the small shop at the entrance and I smile happily.

We eat in silence mostly and while Harry only seems to be watching the other people on the campsite, all I can think about is yesterday and campfires and his arm around mine.

“Any plans for today? Or not?”, Harry asks once we’re done eating.

I shake my head. “I thought about continuing to drive this evening or early tomorrow morning. But wanted to have a day rest here, if that’s alright with you.”

He nods puts the dishes into the small box to carry them to the sinks. “I’ll do them”, I say, “You don’t have to do all of it.”

He smiles and nods. “Okay. Thank you.”

While washing the dishes at the sinks at the restrooms, I can’t stop thinking about Harry. I can’t stop thinking about how it felt to have his hand laying on my waist and how it felt to fall asleep curled up against his chest.

I walk back once I’m done, placing the box on our table and looking for Harry. He’s laying on the blanket from yesterday, on his tummy, drawing into his notebook, humming some song quietly. I try not to watch him for too long and decide to walk over instead.

It’s already twelve by now and the sun is shining down on us rather warmly. I sit down next to Harry and he smiles up at me, finishing some sketch before shutting the notebook and turning around so he’s laying on his back.

“Done?”

I nod and he crosses his arms behind his head, smiling, closing his eyes to enjoy the sun for a bit. “Lay down with me?”

I nod again, even though he can’t see with his eyes closed, but today it doesn’t seem easy to speak when he’s around. Today everything feels a bit weird.

“With me”, Harry says once I’m laid down next to him, a few safe inches between us, “Is what I meant. Not next to me as if I’d bite.”

He turns to his side and motions for me to scoot closer with his hand. I hesitate at first but the way his dimple appears in his cheek makes me go soft and give in every time. I move a little closer, my head against his chest, his arms around my waist now. “That okay?”

I nod, feeling so warm, so safe. It’s a little confusing. It’s a little bit weird, having those feelings when I know nothing about them except for a few TV shows that address that topic.