Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

Kimizuki and Yuu starts to bicker. I just stare at them. It seems like it's a normal thing, judging by the others' reactions of the two. Well, guess this is my new squad. I'll do everything I can to keep these people alive. I refuse to lose another team.

-First Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

Guren assigns us a mission. We are to head to a base where they kept human as livestock. He said it's near a subway station. He wants us to head there and free those hostages.

So that's where we are heading now. I just walk in silence as we make our way through the streets. I cross my arms across my chest as I look around the area, making sure there are no attacks.

I wince in pain as I clutch onto my chest. "Y/N... are you okay?" Yuu asked, holding my arm to make sure I didn't fall over. I gently pull my hand away from his grip.

"I'm fine..." I said. I grab my clock and flip it open. I let out a sigh, realizing it's time for me to take my pill. I reach inside my pouch and take out a pill. I pop it inside my mouth and swallow it.

"What was that?" Yoichi asked. I turn to look at him. "Just a normal medicine..." I said. He furrows his eyebrows at what I said. "Are you sick, Y/N-Chan?" He said. I shake my head as a no.

"Then why'd you need that?" Yuu asked. I shake my head. "It's nothing for you to worry about. Instead of worrying about me. You should worry about your life. Vampires could come any seconds now and attack us. So keep your guard up" I said, in a cold voice. He just stays silent after I said that, knowing I don't want to talk about it.

I hear a scream and turn my head to see a little girl. My eyes widened when I notice a horsemen behind the girl. Yuu gasp at the sight. He tries to run to save the girl, but Mitsuba grabs his arm.

"We've got to save her!" He argued. Mitsuba shakes her head. "We have to keep the formation! It could be a trap from the vampires" she said. Yuu yanks his arm away and runs forward, determined to save the girl's life. I let out a sigh and decide to give him a hand. I don't want the little kid to die either.

The horsemen is about to attack Yuu. I jump forward and lands a kick on the horsemen's head. I lift my hand and a spear appear. I swing it down, slashing the horsemen in half. It starts to disintegrate as I land on the ground.

"You're so reckless, Yuu..." I said, letting out a soft sigh. He just stands up. I turn my head to look at the little girl. I smile softly and walks up to her. "Are you okay?" I said, leaning down to her level. She just nod her head.

***

Everyone is currently taking a shower. We took the little girl with us. She's currently with the boys. While the girls of the team are still showering.

I just stay silent, letting the water soak my body. I can hear Shinoa and Mitsuba have a little chat. But I zoned out their conversation, already knowing it's about Mitsuba's mistake in the past that led her to losing her comrade.

I hear a scream coming from them, snapping me out of my daze. I take a peak from the curtain, and sighs when I realize Shinoa just jumped on Mitsuba. I dry my body and put my clothes back on. I make my way outside where the others are.

"What are you girls doing in there?" Yuu asked while drying his hair. "None of your business..." I said. He just frown at my respond.

"Must you act cold towards us all the time?" He said. I just shrugs my shoulders and turns to look at the little girl. She still looks shaken up after the attack. I smile softly and walks up to her.

"Hey... it's okay. You're safe now, hm?" I said. She just give me a small smile. I notice she's holding a small juice box. One of the boys must have given it to her. I smile softly and gently pat her head.

Shinoa and Mitsuba finally walks out. I turn to look at them. Shinoa is avoiding eye-contact with me. I can tell that she's embarrassed over what Shinoa had done. I just stay silent.

Yuu turns to look at the little girl. "Will you help us? Can you tell us where the location is?" He asked. The little girl looks down at what he said. She's still so young. She's about my age when I was taken away. I take a seat next to her and runs my hand through her hair comfortingly. She turns to look at us.

"You helped me... so I'll do the same..." she said. She starts to tell us what happened and where the site is located. I smile softly at her and give her a quick hug. She froze slightly at my action, before relaxing. We take her to the other soldier, so they can look after her and give her a shelter.

Time-skip

We are currently sitting around, well except for Yuu and Kimizuki. I have no idea where those two are. Shinoa, Mitsuba and Yoichi are currently eating a canned food. I just lean my body against the railing, staring at the sky.

"Aren't you going to eat, Y/N-Chan?" Shinoa asked. I turn my head to look at her and shakes my head. "I am not hungry..." I said. She just frowns at what I said. I ignore the stare she's giving me and turns my head when I hear a sound. I notice a jeep car pulling up. Kimizuki and Yuu steps out of the car.

"Where did you get that?" I asked. Yuu points at the taller male next to him, letting me know that he's the one who got it. Kimizuki walks towards us, while Yuu tries to sneak in. I can tell that he wanted to give it a try.

I let out a huff when the jeep runs into a pole. I can tell that Kimizuki looks frustrated as he walks up to Yuu. I can see the two bickering once again. I shake my head at their antics.

"Are they always like that? All I've keep seeing from those two are the fact that they kept on fighting" I said. Yoichi just laughs nervously at what I said. Shinoa and Mitsuba nods their heads, confirming that this is just a daily basis.

"Alright then, let's all get in the Shinoamobile and head to Shinjuku, shall we?" Shinoa said, turning to the three of us. Mitsuba turns to look at her with a questioning face. "Shinoamobile?" She said. Shinoa just ignores the stare she gave her.

I just cross my arms as Shinoa turns out to be too short to drive. Kimizuki and Yuu laughs at the sight. "Can you even see past the dashboard?" Kimizuki said, still laughing.

"You're so short, Shinoa!" Yuu said, pointing at the purple haired girl. I just shake my head at Yuu's comment. "You shouldn't have said that..." I said. He turns to look at me in confusion.

I just point towards Shinoa who looks angry. She takes out her weapon with an annoyed face. I can see the nervous look on Yuu's and Kimizuki's face. I just smirk as she starts beating them up.

"That's what you get for making fun of a girl's appearance" I said, as they yelled out in pain after getting beaten up by Shinoa. I shake my head at them. I seriously can't believe these people. Their teamwork skills are horrible. But then again, these people are all I have now.

*to be continued*