Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"There there... don't cry, my child..." she said, gently patting my head. I didn't make a move to pull away. She caresses my hair. I just shut my eyes tightly as I keep crying. I can't believe this is how I ended up... crying in the arms of the very vampire that turned me into a monster... who also happened to be my own mother.

-I'm Not A Human-

Y/N P.O.V

I realize what's happening and push her away. She looks startled by my sudden action. "I don't need an affection from you... you ruined my life" I said. She looks upset by what I said. She opens her mouth to say something when someone enters the room.

I turn around slightly to see it's Mika. I look away as he turns to look at me. "Krul... what's a human from the demon army doing here?" He asked. Krul let out a laugh at what he said.

"Human? Take a closer look at her, Mika" she said. I can feel Mika's gaze on me. I turn my head to look at her. I can see his eyes widening a little when he sees my eyes.

"Did you turn her, Krul?" He asked, turning to look at the Queen. Krul just giggles at what he said. "I did. 300 years ago" she said. I clench my hands into tight fists, as I recall the day it happened.

"300?? But she... she was a human when I met her at that battlefield. H-How is that possible?" he said, shocked by what he just heard. I just turn my head away.

"I think you better ask her that" she said. Mika turn his head to look at me. But I just keep my lips shut. I don't feel like explaining myself. Especially if I have to show them how I did it.

I let out a pained sound, falling onto my knees. My hands clutching my shirt, where my heart is. I still haven't drank blood since I ran out of my human pills.

"You need blood..." Krul said, staring at me with a worried gaze. She walks over to me, cutting a slit in her arm. "Drink..." she said, offering me her blood. I shake my head at what she said.

"No..." I said. She frowns at what I said. She places her non injured hand and place it under my chin, turning my head to look at her. "If you don't drink blood now, you're going to die, Y/N..." she said. I just smile weakly at what she said.

"Then so be it... I never asked you to turn me into a monster!" I said. She let out a sigh and stands up. "You think I want to do this to you, Y/N? It pained me just as much when I have to force you... when I have to turn you! I was forced to!" She said, staring at me as tears slowly gathering in her eyes.

I just force myself to stand up. "Forced or not... it doesn't change the fact that you turned me into this. Into a monster!" I spat angrily. She just stares at me. She looks taken aback by what I said.

I shake my head and turn around. I walk away out of the room. I can hear Krul calling out to me. But I just ignore her and keeps walking, not wanting to be in the same room as her.

I ended up outside, overlooking the entire city. I can see kids walking around in their livestock outfits. I grit my teeth as I clench my hands into tight fists, as I feel my thirst for blood coming back.

Usually, I can control my thirst. But that was before I invented the vampire-human pills. Now that I just turned into a vampire again, my thirst seems to be a lot worse.

I feel pain shooting up in my chest. I stumble back and closes my eyes tightly, expecting a pain from the fall. But instead, I feel a pair of arms around me, catching me before I hit the ground. I open my eyes to see a pair of blue eyes.

"Mika..." I said, in a soft voice. He helps me stand straight. I pull away from him. "Thank you, Mika... for catching me" I said, giving him a small smile. He just nods his head at what I said.

"Krul seems like she regretted turning you into a vampire. What exactly happened?" He asked. I turn my head to look at him in surprise. He seems like a cold person, well... vampire.

So to have him ask question like this. It kind of catch me by surprise. I didn't expect Mika to be curious of my past. He turns his head to look at me, expecting an answer. I let out a sigh and look away.

"It's a long story..." I said. He hums softly and turn his body to face me, giving me his full attention. "We have all the time we need..." he said. I just shake my head at what he said.

"I do... you don't. Judging from your eyes, I can tell that you haven't drank human's blood. And I can tell that you don't have that much time left" I said. He lift his hand, placing it on his cheek slightly covering his right eye at what I said.

"Holding your thirst is like, shoving down a hot branding iron down your throat. The process is painful. I'm surprised you can hold up until now..." I said. He turn to look at me.

"How did you know what it feels like?" He asked, staring at me in the eyes. I let out a sigh and look away from him.

"Well, as you know. I was a human too. Krul turned me into one... and just like you, I refused to drink human's blood for the longest time. So I'd know what that felt like" I said. He just stares at me for a few seconds, and looks away. I just give him a small smile and turn to look forward.

"Krul... even though I called her by her name. She's actually my mother, my biological mother" I said. Mika's turns to look at me so fast, I thought he's going to break his neck. He stares at me as if I just said the craziest thing he had ever heard.

"You're joking... right??" He said. I just give him a look, letting him know that I was not joking. "Krul, was a human too... she was turned, just like us" I said. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"But... I thought vampires couldn't conceive babies" he said. I let out a chuckle at his curiosity. I lean my body over the railing. "I told you, Mika. It's a long story. Wanting to know about it... means I have to tell you from the beginning beginning" I said. He just nods his head, letting me know that he didn't mind.

I blink in surprise at his reaction. I shake my head at him. "I'm surprised. For someone who appears to be so cold. You're quite a softy..." I said. He looks away from me. I can see a tint of red in his cheeks. I let out a laugh and covers my mouth, staring at him with an amused glint in my eyes.

"But well, if you're so curious... I guess I could tell you" I said. He turns to look at me. I turn around and take a seat on a bench, gesturing him to do the same. He turns his body to me, waiting for me to start telling him about my past. "Well... it started when...

*to be continued*