Chapter 6

"Thanks." I mutter as I turn away from Shane's face.

He just said 'I love you' and all I said was 'thanks'. Wow I suck. Maybe I should tell him I love him to. But do I live him?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to hear that last part." He says as he gets up. He walks to the door and exits the room.

Shit I think I hurt him.

But I don't think I love him like that. I do love him, he's my best guy friend. Is he my boyfriend now? We kiss. And we both like it.

Fuck, I am not thinking about this right now. I'm choosing to rush through this all. Get it over with now. Not draw it out.

I get up off the bed and head out into the hallway. I see the bathroom door closed, and I can hear Ginger on the phone in her room. So I know he's in the bathroom.

I knock on the door. "Shane. Are you alright?" I ask stupidly. Of course he's not alright.

"Y-yea. Just wait for me." He says with a steeled voice. The voice he uses when he doesn't want people to hear how he's feeling.

I open the door anyway, and find Shane sitting in the floor by the sink, hands around his knees. He's got year streaks down his face.

He turns his face quickly. "Jason get out."

"No." I say as I take a seat next to him. He keeps his head turned.

"Shane. I'm sorry. I didn't know what to say after you said that. I was confused and lost."

He keeps silent.

"Shane please look at me."

He shakes his head.

I gently cup this cheek, turning his head so I can see him. He still is crying.

"Jason." He says pushing my hand away and tuning his head back.

"Shane." I say back as I shift my body so I'm in front of him. I move his head gently so I can see him. I wipe away the wet streaks, before taking him in my arms.

"Shane. I am so sorry about all of this."

"No. I'm sorry. If I hadn't opened my stupid mouth." He mutters.

"If you hadn't opened your mouth, I wouldn't have known how tasty you are." I say back, trying to get him to laugh.

And I succeed when he starts chuckling.

"You're pretty tasty to." He says.

"Well of course I am! I'm Jason Crisp."

He chuckles some more.

It's quite for awhile as we sit there. Eventually Ginger comes in to see whats up.

"Whats going on?" She asks as she sits next to us.

"Nothing pip-squeak." Shane says from his resting place in my neck.

"Doesn't look like nothing." She says back, rubbing Shane's back.

He sighs. "Sorry for being rude earlier Ginger."

"It's no problem. I know you're on your man period." She smirks.

I snort. "He better be the woman here." I mutter.

He looks up at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"What?" I ask. "I am sure in hell not going to be the woman. I'll be paying for dinner, I'll walk you home. I'll be the one who gets the sandwiches made for." I lean in so only he can here. "And I will defiantly be the one to break you in." I nudge him a little and give a small wink.

He just shakes his head and grins.