* ˚ ✦ 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟓 : 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

* ˚ ✦ day n°5 : y/n and yelena got a cold after playing in the snow

baby it's cold outside - idina menzel, michael bublé
1:13 ───〇─── 2:46
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

warning none
age 5

!ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS IS MY OWN STORY!

⸺ ⧗ ⸺

You were curled up into Yelena's side, who was resting with you in Natasha's bed. The older redhead had finally left the room, giving Yelena and you some quiet time, and it didn't take you long to fall asleep thanks to the help of the comfort Auntie Lena was providing.

Natasha came back with medicine and some water for the both of you a few minutes later. She stood in the doorway for a good minute, taking in the scene, the both of you were looking miserable. She sighed, putting down everything on the desk. "This is what you get for playing in the snow without the appropriate clothes." She scolded her sister gently as she held a spoon of liquid medicine to her lip, the blonde's face showing pure disgust as she swallowed it.

"Natashaaaaa." She whined, unfortunately it also sent her into a coughing fit. The poor girl sounded awful, and she couldn't seem to stop. She leaned forward, slightly leaning on her sister as she rubbed her back soothingly.

"I know, I know." She smiled sympathetically, helping the blonde laying back down. "I also know it's hard to say no to her, but when it comes down to this, I really need you to be stern when it comes down to things like this, alright? I hope you know I'm not saying this to be mean, I just want what's best for you two. She'll still love you, even when you tell her no." Yelena just hummed, before stifling a yawn. "You should sleep."

The house was unusually quiet. Natasha was used to having someone running around, music playing or the TV playing some random kid channel. It did feel weird, and it took her a while to get used to it.

Natasha busied herself by making soup for you and Yelena knowing you'd have no energy to eat anything else, and Yelena will eat whatever you give her anyway. While she was chopping the veggies you came down. You woke up next to Yelena, you tried to wake her up, but the blonde was dead to the world. Pretty much nothing could wake her up at this point. You dragged your stuffed animal along with you, the poor thing was dragged around as you looked for Natasha. "Mama."

The redhead jumped and turned around. Her eyes quickly looked around the room and noticed you as you stood there with your crazy hair and adorable nightgown, rubbing your eyes with one hand as the other held your stuffed bear. It was cute, but a small cough break Natasha's perfect picture. "I feel icky." You whined as you reached out for her.

Natasha dumped all the chopped veggies in the pot, putting away everything that wasn't safe before picking you up. She knew that once you'd be in her arms, you wouldn't let her put you down for a while. "Yeah, you don't sound very good. Where's your auntie Lena?" She asked, adding the last few things into the pot, leaving everything to just cook and simmer.

"Bed." You let your head slumped against Natasha's shoulder and actually managed to fall back asleep. You slept for a good 30 minutes before Natasha had to wake you so you both could eat. Unsurprisingly she had to feed you as you could barely keep your eyes open at this point. She would have left you alone if it weren't for the fact that you hadn't eaten earlier, and you needed to take some medicine.

"Y/n please open." She held the spoonful of medicine to your mouth, but you firmly kept it close. She was no Mary Poppins and no song would be able to change your mind. "You have apple juice to drink after, but you need to take the medicine if you want to feel better." Your eyes filled up with tears, and you let out a frustrated cry. Natasha used this opportunity to shove the spoon in your mouth. Great. It only led to actual crying.

Natasha let you cry on her shoulder while prepping a bowl for Yelena. Even though you two were the biggest idiot, she still loved to take care of you. Placing the bowl on her sister's bedside table, she left the room, so quietly it's like she was never there.

She spent the rest of her bed in bed with you. A random Disney movie playing in the background at all times in case you woke up. While you slept, she worked. She answered some urgent emails and finished reports and paperworks she had been putting off. At least she was making the best out of the situation.

And yeah, spending all day in bed couching your lungs out wasn't fun, but did you and Yelena learn your lesson? Of course not.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
not me almost forgetting to update but i had a busy day :))
hope you enjoyed though