* ˚ ✦ 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

* ˚ ✦ i mean the title is pretty self-explanatory... y/n is meeting santa for the first time (it's a short one (and not really good) sorry)

christmas morning - alexandre desplat
0:24 ─〇───── 2:53
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

warning none
age 8-month-old

!ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS IS MY OWN STORY!

⸺ ⧗ ⸺

Christmas season had officially begun at the Avengers Compound. Of course, Clint and Scott had to take their kids to see Santa and decided to take you and Natasha with them. Natasha wasn't really sure about the whole thing, not knowing how you would react to a stranger holding you. But after a bit, scratch that, a lot of convincing (and almost blackmail from Clint) she agreed.

"We're gonna see Santa today! Are you excited darling?" Natasha was walking around the compound, packing a bag while holding you on her hip. She kept bouncing you, maybe to try to get you excited. She had you dressed in a cute little Christmas outfit, and you were all ready to go. She laid you in your car seat and tucked a blanket over you so you wouldn't get cold. Once that was done, grabbed her bag, checking she had everything.

"Nervous?" Tony asked as he watched Natasha began to check the diaper bag for the third time in a row.

"She's starting to be old enough to understand that stranger danger, especially around men so... yeah definitely nervous. I think it's gonna be a crying Santa picture... If we manage to even get a picture." She said and mumbled the last part as she couldn't find her keys, though she knew they were in there somewhere.

"I'm sure it's gonna be fine Nat." He said and placed a hand on her shoulder. Nat only nodded before grabbing your car seat and joined the other who were already in the car, waiting for the both of you.

The drive there was filled with laughter and singing as Clint put on some Christmas songs for the kids to sing along. Once parked, they practically jumped out of the car, the two fathers quickly running after them. Natasha, however, took her time, happy that you couldn't walk yet... she didn't really feel like running. She got you out of the car seat, grabbed her bag and locked the car. She met the others who were already waiting in line to see Santa.

A lot of waiting and whining later, the kids all had their turn, it was now yours.

"Okay here we go Y/N." Natasha whispered. She made her way towards Santa, slowly, and tried handing you to him. Not recognizing him, because he's basically a stranger, you began to cry and cling onto Natasha.

"Sh sh sh don't cry." She managed to get your hand off her shirt, and you were completely in Santa's arms You began to scream, kick as well as you continued to cry.

"Yeah, that's a big no for her." Natasha basically ran to get you as she couldn't keep watching the scene in front of her.

All the crying and screaming tired you out, and you fell asleep during the car ride home, despite the kids being loud. Natasha did tell them to keep their voices down, which they did for two minutes, but it didn't seem to disturb you.

As soon as you got home, Natasha rushed upstairs. She changed you out of your little Christmas outfit into something you could sleep in. She laid you down on her bed and sat next to you. She took her phone out of her jacket and looked at the pictures Scott and Clint got of you meeting Santa. Well, at least she got pictures, crying Santa pictures, but still... she got pictures. She decided to phone Melina and Yelena, who were dying to know how it went.

"So Y/N wasn't a big fan of Santa." Melina asked after seeing the picture Natasha sent them.

"Yeah. It's a bit of an understatement, but we can say that." Natasha chuckled then paused. "Is it weird I'm kind of relieved that she was scared about a strange man holding her?"

 "Is it weird I'm kind of relieved that she was scared about a strange man holding her?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i'm bored