Chapter Seven

"Hayden, is it really you-argh!" Mr.White pulled the arrow out of his back.
"Mr.White, I-I didn't know it was you;" Hayden reached out her hand and helped him up, "what are you doing here?" Mr.White was their student teacher earlier in the year, but he had left in April, and it was June.
He gulped, "I'm running from the government," he said wheezing, being short of breath.
"Why the hell are you running from the government?" Hayden didn't quite believe him.
"Well, I, created an equation..."
"What about it?"
"You know how Albert Einstein created the equation that allowed the atom bomb to be created?"
"Yaa?"
"Well I created an equation that allowed man-made black holes..."
Hayden still didn't believe him but she still showed him back to camp.
* * *
People stopped in their tracks as they saw Mr.White walking through the camp.
"Get back to work," Hayden demanded, "nothing to see here."
Hayden brought him to Owen who was talking to Gabe,
"Make sure to get them under the tree before- oh, hey Hayden," he paused, "um what are you doing here?"
"I found someone," she showed Mr.White through the door.
"Holy! Mr.White?" Gabe exclaimed,
"Oh hey Gabe, and you can call me Nick."
Hayden bit her lip, "Well the reason we're here is that he uh- needs assistance, I, um, well, accidentally shot him in the back..."
"Gabe get up," Owen exclaimed, "he needs to be able to sit; and thank you Hayden for bringing him to me; you both can leave now."
Gabe got up and walked out the door followed by Hayden.
"Mind if I see the wound?" Owen asked,
"Go ahead, just be careful okay?"
"Okay;" Owen said as he examined where the arrow had hit him, checking for remaining debris, "okay, I found a piece of wood I'm going to need to get out,"
Nick looked nervous, "Well, okay..."
"On three, one, two-" Owen ripped the piece of wood out.
"Ah! What the hell was that?!"
Owen cleared his throat, "That was me removing a piece of wood from your back, now I just need to rap it; here take a Tylenol and some tea."
Owen rapped a piece of cloth around Nick's wound, "there we go, now let's go get you some clothes."
* * *
"Mykeo?" Charlotte blindly felt around on the ground for any sign of him. There was some kind of small box on the gound, matches. Charlotte could now see that she lighted the match that there was a tunnel going further into the cliff that wasn't part of the mine, someone, or something must have made it.
She was walking down further into the tunnel when she heard raspy breathing, "Mykeo?" She called out.
"Ch-Charlotte, you need to get out of here-"
A monstrous hiss shuck the tunnel, as a giant scaly arm reached down and grabbed Charlotte, causing her match box to fall to the ground.
"Ahh! Mykeo! Help!" Charlotte pleaded, but it was too late, the creature now held Mykeo in its other hand.
"I-I saw what i-it does to people..." Mykeo wheezed, short of breath, "it grabbed Ali, and sn-snapped him in h-half," he took a breath then continued, "then threw him down its throat."
The creature smashed Mykeo against the ground as a sign to tell him to stop talking; Mykeo's face and entire body now dripping in blood, but not quite dead.
The creature threw Mykeo into its mouth.
"Mykeo!!" Charlotte cried.
Mykeo pulled out the stone he had in his pocket as he fell down the creature's throat, he cut along the walls of it's esophagus.
Charlotte went limp in the creature's hand, knowing it ate Mykeo, and she was next.
The creature cried and let Charlotte go as it fell to the ground.
Something was coming from the creature's stomach; blood flooded everywhere as Mykeo cut himself out through it's stomach, then it's skin and it's scales. His face and most of his skin was melted off from the stomach acid.
Mykeo coughed up blood as he whimpered, "Charlotte, I have something I want to say to you..."
"Me too," a tear dripped down Charlotte's cheek.
"Charlotte, I-" Mykeo went limp, his eyes rolled back, and his dead body landed on the floor with a thump.
* * *
"Allan?" Kirsten asked,
"Ya?" Allan turned to face Kirsten, they were under the tree along with Ellbel.
"Why didn't you make me a blanket or coat? Elliot made one for Isobel," Kirsten made puppy eyes then kissed him on the cheek.
"Well," Allan responded, "it may not be a jacket or a blanket, but I'll think you'll love it just as much," Allan reached behind him and pulled out a pair of fur socks he had made from the coyote hide.
"Oh my goodness!" Kirsten slipped on her new socks and rapped her arms around Allan, "I love you-"
"Intruder!" Gabe yelled from outside, "everybody get in your huts!"
Elliot and Isobel, along with Allan and Kirsten got outside to see what was going on; two people were walking towards camp, tripping and walking clumsily whilst giggling.
Owen dashed over to the scene.
"Aerin? Caterine?" Gabe asked, "Is that you? We thought you died in the crash!"
"Yuuup!" Aerin responded with a goofy smile across her face.
"We found some, uh, funny plants down stream that we," Catherine said, trying not to laugh, "mashed up and roasted over a fire!"
Aerin rapped her arm around Catherine, causing them both to fall to the ground.
"They make things look all rainbow-y" Aerin tried to get back up, but she couldn't.
"There are also a couple other people that came with us, like Cait, Danielle, Andrew and a bunch of other people.
"Well then," Owen started to speak, "let me show you where you'll be staying." He lead about ten people to the place under the tree. "There you go, that's it, one at a time."
"Owen!" Gabe whispered, "what are you doing?"
"We already have enough mouths to feed; trust me Gabe, I'm doing what's best for the rest of us. Now get the other people who aren't part of this drug-induced posy out of here, they don't need to see this."
It was about fifteen minutes and the people under the tree were getting anxious.
"Okay folks;" Owen announced from outside the trapdoor, "it's been nice knowing y'all, and, um, that's pretty much it- oh wait; I'm holding a jar filled with neurotoxin that we made out of sulphur, which is poisonous gas. So what. I'm going to do is open this door, throw this jar in there with you guys, it'll smash, and then, well... never mind, let's get started!"
Owen lifted the hatch, threw the jar in,
"I'd take a deep breath if I were you... and hold it." He said sarcastically as he closed the hatch. He knew that because of what ever type of plant-drug they had found, the death would be painless, well nearly... probably.
* * *
Chapter eight out now!
Make sure to tell your friends to read 'Wheels', I'd really appreciate it!