Chapter 11

A/N: Warning: Extreme Fluff (and lots of dialogue)

Lauren opened her eyes, squinting into the bright morning light that spilled in through the curtains and her mind immediately jumped to the prior night's events.

Yesterday had been an absolutely crazy day between running into Sinu at the grocery store, everything that happened with Austin, and then with everything that happened between her and Camila last night...

Lauren's heart dropped when she realized Camila wasn't lying next to her. Her eyes frantically darted around the room but she was nowhere to be seen. She hopped out of bed and looked in the bathroom but she wasn't there either.

She was gone.

Lauren was all too familiar with this feeling. It was exactly what she had been afraid of.

She moved back to her bed, collapsing onto the edge and running her fingers through her hair. Her eyes moved to the clock that sat on her bedside table. "9:42AM" It read. She was sure Laney was up by now, so she sat up from where she was sitting and made her way to her bedroom door. Just as she was reaching for the handle it swung open, nearly hitting her in the face.

"Morning," Camila smiled, jumping a little bit as she found Lauren waiting on the other side. "Are you okay?" She questioned, noting the older brunette's solemn expression.

"You're still here," Lauren said simply, surprised to see her.

Camila cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "Where else would I be? I was downstairs with the girls; they've been up for almost two hours now. We made breakfast," Camila said proudly, reaching for Lauren's hand.

Lauren let out a deep breath as they intertwined their fingers.

"What's wrong?" Camila asked sincerely, looking up at Lauren from beneath her dark lashes.

"I thought you left," Lauren confessed, tightening her grasp on Camila's hand.

"Hey," Camila said softly, bringing her other hand to Lauren's cheek. "I'm never going to do anything like that to you again. I promise," she finished before leaning up to place a gentle kiss on Lauren's lips.

"Did you take a shower?" Lauren questioned once their lips separated, crinkling her nose. "You smell like me."

"I did," Camila smiled. "You smell good," she added, unable to resist giving Lauren another small peck.

"I can't believe I slept through all of this," Lauren laughed lightly. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Someone must have worn you out last night," Camila said smoothly, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. "Plus you looked so cute and peaceful, I wanted to let you rest."

"Did you say something about breakfast?" Lauren asked, shaking her head lightly at the brunette's comments.

"Mhm," Camila mumbled, pulling Lauren's body into hers. "But you might want to put some pants on before you come downstairs," she added, running her fingertips beneath the band of Lauren's underwear. She leaned in, giving Lauren yet another kiss, this time filled with more passion as she slid her tongue into Lauren's mouth. "And brush your teeth," she giggled as she separated their lips.

"Camila!" Lauren said as she shoved the shorter girl's shoulder playfully.

"I'll see you downstairs," Camila smiled, giving Lauren a final peck before disappearing out the door.

Lauren shook her head as she walked to the bathroom. She felt a little silly for overreacting and thinking that Camila had actually left. If she and Camila were going to have any shot of making this work, she needed to trust her. And she was more than willing to because she really, really wanted to make it work. It scared her a little that they seemed to be moving a bit faster than she had initially intended, but there was no going back now. Things with Camila were just so easy, it seemed as if everything was falling perfectly into place. Like things were finally the way they were meant to be.