Chapter 6

"MY LORD, I can't process your decision until now

"MY LORD, I can't process your decision until now. Are you certain about it in the least? Princess Sage is not capable of being your wife considering her situation," Thursday protested to stop Avenight from entering the car.

Tinapunan siya nito ng tingin. "You're not in the right place to tell me what or not to do. I've made it clear to Duke yesterday and you probably heard it, no one can mandate me, Thursday. Just drive the car and let's fetch my wife."

Yumuko siya sa lalaki bago isara ang pintuan ng sasakyan nang makapasok na ito. He let out a sigh before sitting on the driver's seat. "I'll start the car, My Lord." Tinanaw niya ang repleksyon nito sa salamin ngunit hindi na ito sumagot sa kaniya.

He started the engine of the car before driving away from the hotel. Habang maingat na nagmamaneho ay hindi niya maiwasan na isipin ang desisyon ng lalaki. He's not clueless to notice Princess Sage's behaviour during their stay in the palace. She talks and acts like a child, yet his boss still decided to choose her as his bride.

"Ask."

Bahagya siyang napakislot nang magsalita ang lalaki mula sa likuran, ilang beses siyang napalunok bago sumagot. "I don't intend to question your decisions, My Lord. But I'm just worried about you and Princess Sage. We both know that she's not like any other women you have met."

"Isn't that a good news for the both of us? She's stupid and dumb. I'll just cage her inside the palace just like how her useless parents did. No one will have the capability to use her as a threat against me," Avenight answered.

Thursday's fist clenched. "She was already caged for all her life, Your Highness, we might as well treat her good—"

"I'm not marring that awful woman to find love and give her care, Thursday. She's just a pawn, someone that I can use for that fucking oath. So, stop expecting me to do whatever you want."

He bowed his head in fear. "I apologize, My Lord."

"Don't befriend her as well, you're not that low to stoop down from your level just to make her comfortable. That's not your job." Muli siyang magalang na tumango rito. "Drive. Focus your eyes on the road."

Thursday's hands tightened around the steering wheel. Tumikhim muna siya bago ipagpatuloy ang pagmamaneho.

 Tumikhim muna siya bago ipagpatuloy ang pagmamaneho