Part 4: Gone with the wind

I ran back home crying … locked myself in my room and slept while sobbing.

Next morning I woke up and dressed as fast as I could. My face looked pale yellow, I looked half dead yet that wasn't my concern at that time. I ran to Liam's house and rang the door bell in hopes he'll open the door.

A lady opened the door, she looked so much like Liam that I could easily figure out it's his mother. Her brown eyes , dimples and brown hair locks emphasised that she was his mum

 ''Good Morning'' I said while scanning the room searching for Liam

''Are you Kelly?'' Asked his mum while observing me from head to toe.

''Yes I am, Is Liam home?'' I asked while anxiously anticipating an answer.

''Darling, Liam left that morning. He's going to stay with his dad for a couple of weeks''

It wasn't quite what I expected. In fact it was a the cherry on top. This sentence hit my heart like a sword so I turned around while wiping a tear that had escaped from my eye and just when I was taking my few steps home she called me.

''Kelly!!" She shouted while trying to catch my attention.

"Liam left this morning and left that letter behind .I think it was meant to be for you''

I took the letter and walked away . I was hesitant on whether I should open it or not. But my curiosity defeated me and I opened it and started reading.

Dear Kelly,

I think this is kind of weird but I really like you. You're not like any girl I've met. You might have been stubborn at times but that made you special. Tonight is Christmas Eve and I thought of making it special by telling you how I really feel. I do really hope you feel the same. With this letter you'll find a necklace that I bought specially for you. If you agree to be mine. I promise I'll keep you safe forever.

Liam.

I fetched in the envelope and found the necklace it said ''My heart has been stolen'' and I put it on straight away with my eyes blown up with tears.

The date on the envelope give me a hint that the letter was written before Christmas Eve which meant before all the misconception.

Days passed and he never came back. And day after day he had been marked absent at school and all I could do was sit there look out to the sky hoping he'll come back one day. The only way I could set some of my sorrow was to sing...

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back

I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy but they don't understand

You're all I have

You're all I have

At times when the stars light up my room

I sit by myself

Talking to the moon

Trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side

Talking to me too

Or I'm a fool who sits alone talking to the moon

As much as I knew that the coming days were going to be even harder I had to move on. Yet that spark of hope didn't die..

And just when I thought  the series of events stopped Kevin showed up and said that he wanted my help because he was going on a blind date. It was actually weird for him to ask me because we're not that close yet I found it good idea to let some of the grief out. 

I told him I'll pass by at 5 and help him get ready and that was exactly what I did.

At 5 sharp I was at his house. He greeted me with a warm hug and we had 5 minutes of awkward silence. I saw his eyes looking at the necklace I was wearing so I covered it with my hand while experiencing a tiny heart ache that reminded me of Liam .That didn't last long as he started showing me different outfits and asking me to pick one for him. Actually I had some experience in guy's outfits because I always help my cousins pick theirs. I told him the navy blue shirt and the dark jeans looked good and him , and he actually considered my opinion.

We then backed some cookies for his date and it was actually quite fun and we had a cookie dough fight, It was the first time in a long time for me to laugh since Liam left.

When everything was ready for the date we drove to that cafe where the date was supposed to be. I gave him a goodbye hug and told him how much I had fun and just when I was about to turn around and leave , he held my arm and called my name.

''Kelly wait I have to tell you something....'' 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't been writing for long but school is keeping me quite busy and my exams are close too. I want to thank you all for your support and for the lovely messages I receive. This means alot to me♥ 

-N.A