《 Mario AU: The Florist & the Tattooist 》

A/N: This Mario AU is when their roles have changed and that they're living in their different lives where it doesn't involve the usual saving the princess from the king of Koopa.

This was inspired by the fanfiction called "Amid the Roses" by EchoEternal. It's pretty interesting and sweet.

Here's the link to it: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14050806/1/Amid-the-Roses

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a trembling claw pointing toward the door of a flower shop. Gritting his teeth, he glared back and forth while his hand rested against the door. The shuddering nails scraped against his hand. While he surveyed his surroundings, a few citizens stared at him suspiciously. Despite the air of uneasiness, no one moved for him. Besides him, another male creature holds his shoulders and comforts him. His encouragement encouraged him to take the risk. After waiting for a while, his claw pressed against the door and pushed it open.

A wind chime rang as the door of the blue and green painted shop opened. Soft breezes stirred the nearby flowers, wafting floral scents around the entrance. Upon entering, the visitor was surrounded by sweet scents that mixed with the scent of mayflowers and wisteria. Their easygoing day was interrupted by several customers staring in silent horror.

At a table near the register, a woman sat humming quietly to herself, arranging a bouquet of carnations, shifting green flowers between the red and mauve ones. After arranging several plants with her white gloves, she smiles and wipes her hands on her overalls, dusting them off a bit, despite the brown and green stains on them caused by working with several plants. Her gaze briefly shifted to a nearby box where she could find a fresh pair, but she shrugged it off after studying her current pair. In awe of her work, she adjusted her (F/C) cap and brushed some leaves out of her hair and fixed her ponytail.

She glanced over to see her brother in a red cap explaining to her about the flower she was admiring to the blonde girl in her pink Retro Dress Short Sleeve Vintage Swing Dress. He looked shy and lovestruck to her. Seeing the blonde girl as shy and lovestruck as he is, she smiled at the sight.

Her attention was caught by a quiet "Excuse me!". A white and pink mushroom adorned the head of an older woman, whose gaze narrowed from the lobelia the woman admired. She glanced at the approaching florist as she adjusted her spectacles.

"May I help you, ma'am?" she said in a welcoming tone.

"Yes, if you could escort those two brutes right back out," she whispered, and pointed at the newcomers to the shop.

He was a rough turtle type, a Koopa, larger than most of the ones shoppers normally saw. He certainly didn't help matters by wearing a spiny purple shell and studded wristbands. Despite the fierce appearance of his mouth, as well as soft pink features of his face, the red sunglasses hiding his eyes did not do him many favors. His arms, however, trembled in defiance of his frightening appearance.

He was joined by a short Koopa with red ponytail and black beady eyes, a rounded snout, and a single sharp tooth that was visible in his green overbite shell with spikes and darker grey metal bands around his wrist. He wears a white bandana with a sharp teeth drawn around his neck. He looks more aggressive as he glares daggers at whoever dares to judge them.

Frowning first to the Koopas, and then returning her attention to the Toad, the (F/C)-capped woman shook her head.

"They haven't given me any reason to send them off."