NWR: Peel Godred Branch Line

Killdane

Killdane is mainly known as a suburban for Cronk with passenger services mostly being provided, usually, goods trains are collected here straight away by mainline engines, with the trucks being shuffled about by one of the shunting diesels who work the area here, and Cronk. Also here is the location of the Sodor Construction Company, there is a small route that heads to the nearby area that comes off the mainline, this is to transport goods for the company or transport their vehicles to a construction site. The Satanic Stones of Killdane are also close by to the stones near the top of a hill with little origins other than gory myth.

As mentioned on NWR: The Mainline, Killdane station has 4 platforms; two are for the branch line and the other is for the mainline. When entering the yards and sheds, they all have electric wires above, this is for the electric engines which run this branch line as most locals know. Moving forward up the branch line, the two lines emerge and become one, they then go under a road bridge and go along the mainline for a few yards before turning directly north to head into the valley.

Abbey

This is a small hault station, mostly serving the school nearby and its land, there is only a small amount of houses forming the village as well. The track creates a passing loop which has a station at one side, to allow other trains to go past, since irregularly, goods are considered to have more importance on this branch than passengers, due to it's dominance on the line. After the station, the passing loop goes back onto the main branch line and continues up the valley.

It can also be mentioned here that a small route a little further up before the Lakes of Godred diverges into a wooded area, with abandoned sidings. These sidings were used to construct the building of the branch line and after the line's completion, they weren't necessary and abandoned, nature taking its course and growing around them. They weren't used until the famous Japanese engine, Hiro was smuggled to Sodor and put into these sidings for safekeeping during the war, in fear of him being scrapped. He was later found by BoCo when he accidently went up the branch line in 1980.

Lakes of Godred

This part of the branch line is a long stretch where trains have to climb up the valley hard. All the while passing the most beautiful scenery the valley has to offer. With many lakes to pass, tall hills, vast woods and small, but tall viaduct which goes over these lakes.

Kirk Machan

Known mainly as the connection between the North Western Railway and Culdee Fell Railway, entering the station, you'll have a two platform station. This has two tracks when entering, acting as platforms 3 and 4 for the NWR. The other platforms belong to the CFR. The station is staffed during the summer times, however when the CFR is closed in the winter times, the station is unstaffed. Goods that come here are usually unloaded at the station platforms, but there are two sidings in case the trucks are needed there. The village is similar to Abbey, with being just a small village, however, has services for the CFR with hotels, cafes and shops for hikers.

Once leaving the railway station to continue up the branch line, the line merges back into one line and eventually goes under the CFR vidauct, which crosses over the valley and railway to head up the Culdee Fell Mountain. The line continues further along and reaches a viaduct, smaller than Hawin Viaduct on the mainline, but has a deep valley below it with trees.

Peel Godred

Peel Godred is a large walled town and the terminus to the Peel Godred branch line. It is main source to the branch line's goods and passenger services. When first coming to the town, you'll first enter a tunnel which goes under the town, it has two blast holes to allow for steam to exit the tunnel if a steam engine ever comes up to the branch line, it is rare, but they are also checked over monthly as well as the rest of the tunnel. Once exiting, you'll reach the station a little further along, the track will become two and the station will have two platforms on each side. Next to the station, is the river, Hawin Ab, separating the station and the car park serving it, however, there is a bridge to get to the station on foot. When passing this station, you'll get to the facilities for the electric engines with engine sheds, turntable, a small carriage shed and many sidings for the facilities at Peel Godred.

When going up the line, there is junction that splits either continuing straight, or turning more north up the line, if you take the right, you'll reach the current Sodor Royal Forces base which was opened in 1978 when moving from Vicarstown, it has smaller operations there than it's previous base but they still have a private engine called Ralph. Taking the line on the left, you'll firstly come to the Peel Godred Power Station, this was built in the early 1920s along with the branch line and was the main reason why it was built in the first place, with the massive equipment needing to go up the line to reach the plant. It has a dam which stops the river Hawin Ab and has created a small lake from behind. However, trains have to continue on and use the dam to cross over it.

Further along, is a small industrial estate, not as big as Crovan's Gate, but worthy enough to have sidings along it for trucks to loaded up and cranes to load or unlaod container flatbeds. Also on this side of the river is the Aluminium Works which also has a few sidings along it. All of these have two shunters working it, they are also powered by the electricity from the power station but use batteries instead of directly connecting to the power lines. They are called Stafford and Northerner.