Chapter Five: Aftermath

The Greatest Estate Designer Crossover with Game of Thrones.

(The following text was transcribed from the personal journal of Loyd Frontera aka Joffrey Baratheon, detailing his experiences during his time spent fostering at the Reach.)

Sometimes I catch myself having a hard time believing Samwell Tarly saved my life, defeating freking Euron Greyjoy of all people in this world. The fact that a six namedays boy managed to do so with only one ring in his mana core say wonders of what a cheat this kind of ability is in the world of Ice and Fire.

Me? I doing pretty well actually. I got a Raven addressed directly to me from Kings Landing. Seems like Lord Arryn and my mother were in agreement for once over I left the Citadel without asking for permission. To say they are nonplussed is an understatement. Utterly pissed on the other hand would be a better statement.

The fact we 'bribed' lord Hightower by saying that we coming visit my grandfather was actually his idea doesn't change that. Well, what is done, is done!

Curiously my Father King Robert Baratheon was really happy in knowing his firstborn leave the "greyrat" maesters and their dusty books to fight the Ironborn with "Thunder" like a True Baratheon. Daddy was less than happy in sending me to foster with the Hightowers, as I suspect he preferred send me to the Eerie. But the prestige of fostering the Royal Crown Prince and Samwell Tarly would help the Hightower on counter-balance the influence of the Tyrells and the Redwynes, as literally the firstborn sons of the greatest military leaders of Westeros are been fostered together. And we gain access to the Knowledge of the Citadel.

It was the only argument I could make with the Lord Hand anyways after I woke up in Joffrey's body just after Bobby B slapped me because of the cat I open up. The story of Caesaryon the Essosi general who was born out of the surgical procedure wasn't working. Thank the Gods Pycelle reinforced my bullshit confirming "vaguely remembering " reading about that in the books of Red Keep.

Well, Father said in his raven that uncle Stannis will be bringing the Royal Fleet to the Westerlands and I must stay with my Grampa until he and his banner men came to enforce the King's Justice on the Rebellious Greyjoy.

Speaking of My Grandfather, Lord Tywin is strangely approving of Samwell Tarly as my aide and foster brother of sorts. And that confused me at first. Until I see how Sam was trying hard to emulate great-uncle Kevan wherever he and grandpa where together. Wait is Samwell Tarly the Kevan of my Tywin?

Speaking of Tarly, the boy is having a hard time right now with all the attention he is getting from smallfolk and knights alike, the "young prodigy" of the House of the Hunter is getting a lot of that now that both his fame dealing most of the damage with the cannons at the Iron Fleet and slaying Euron. The boy is unaccustomed with the attention, and try to avert contact with other people by "training" (working in building kilns for my concrete factory) with his shovel most of the day while I sell rights for the material to be used in the reconstruction effort.

Time is money and, unlike gramps, I do not shit gold... Yet.

Speaking of the old Lion, Grandpa has been interested in these "services" my crew are offering to the rebuilding of Lannisport. Specifically about our "Valyrian Stone" AKA concrete.

Serious, all you need is Lime and Sand. What's the fuss?

Lime Transport will be the next big thing for the Westerosi economy. The Citadel taught us a lot but I bullshitted that most of our knowledge of Valyrian stone came from the Essosi traders.
Grandpa seems to trust us more than the maesters. And that is a good thing in my opinion. I will need all the trust I can get from the most rich man in Westeros.

Anyways he seems to be interested in testing me ultimately. Asking questions about economics, trading, law and ruler-ship. He even asked me for advice on his current political situation. I gave him my opinion about what I thought should happen. I also warned him about the potential dangers of letting the Highgarden and the Vale run free with their ambitions. Not exactly exposing Littlefinger as I still got nothing to prove his crimes. If I remember correctly he is just freshly named a custom officer back at Gulltown right now. But the seed of discord was planted anyways.

I mean, Petyr Baelish will be dangerous if unchecked with all "chaos is a ladder" keikaku shit he causes in the show, but hey, this is young Petyr we are dealing right now, so maybe we can butterfly the guy in a favorable direction, who knows? 

Argh, I am having wishful thinking aren't I. Bah, sometimes I miss messing with Xavier, that sure help me thing. Hmm, where's Sandor. He is like a Xavier, but without the 'pretty boy' -ness that piss me.

Wait a minute... Between Tarly and Clegane, I am the pretty boy now? YES!

The best part of staying in Westerlands is finally being able to spend time with Uncle Tyrion. We talked about our desires, frustrations, books (a lot of books), and even concinced him helping me with my little project of rebuilding (and expanding) the Port of Lannisport.

He and my Grandfather were keen upon on learning about our cannons and Casterly Rock master smith has been trying to replicate the designs with a little help from us (Once grandpa agreed upon paying me "Royalties" for said designs). I thought Tywin Lannister would be pricky on paying his Grandson for the use of Cannons, but again he surprised me by not onky paying for it, but also showing unnerving interest in the idea of "Royalty".

Once we tested the first working Westerland made cannon, Tyrion got a sudden realization. Later he confessed me that my invention may be the cause of the end of chivalry in Westeros... 

I corrected him by saying that My Grandfather ended the fantasy of knighthood the night he sent the seven's dammed Gregor Clegane to Rape and Kill Princess Elia and her children. Ending any chance of the war being resolved by diplomatic means. And that pretty much killed the mood for real.

We and Sandor, my loyal sworn-shield drank silently the rest of that night. Damn I kinda feel bad now.

End of Chapter.