Chapter Two: Raising the Tide

(The following text was transcribed from the personal journal of Lloyd Frontera aka Joffrey Baratheon, detailing his experiences during his time spent as a student at the Citadel.)

It started years ago when I was sneaking by the Hall of the Small Council. I couldn't help myself from overhearing the conversation between Lord Arryn and the king. I had to keep my ear pressed against the chamber doors to hear them.

"What are you saying? That the boy has to stay in the city?" King Robert objected.

"I am not asking for him to stay there." Grand maester Pycelle answered in his doddering way. "Just that there may have better options than Winterfell, your Grace, in fact I believe..."

"I will NOT send the boy to Casterly Rock! You know. I leave it to you to decide Jon. I am out!"

Joffrey had to hide himself behind one of the Valyrian Sphinx at the Small Council's door. While his father and ser Barristan the bold exited, lord Varys, Jon Arryn, grand maester Pycelleand his Uncle Stannis stayed and continued to speak.

"...the boy should be sent to the Reach. There is nothing more valuable than build up Relations within the Seven Kingdoms."

Said Jon Arryn, for the Annoyance of Stannis Baratheon. It was no secret his "dislike" for Mace Tyrell and Joffrey almost could hear his teeth grinding before the answer.

"Why the Reach? They stayed in the side of the dragons during Robert's Rebellion. We should send him to Stormlands instead."

"That is why sending the boy there good idea dear" Said the eunuch"I have heard from my little birds that Tyrells are almost with no support among their banner-men in a long time!" Varys offered.

"I said send him to the Reach so we can show Royal goodwill, but not send him to Highgarden, how about Hornhill or the Arbor?" Jon Arryn asked.

"he'll be safe there? Olenna Tyrell is a Redwyne in blood" Countered Stannis.

"And the Hightowers? They are part the Reach too. Also the Citadel and the Stoney Sept are the most..." Pycelle begun short before being cut by Stannis who interjected. "The Hightowers will be a good counterweight to Highgarden's influence! I endorse."

"Let's vote" said Jon Arryn. "Everyone agreeing in send Prince Joffrey to the Hightowers raise your hands." Said the lord hand raising his. "If anyone disagrees, drop your hand."

"Aye" The council members replied in unison.

Pycelle nodded. "Then let it be done!"

After a few hours of walking through the halls, Joffrey began to for a plan is his head. He remembered the Greyjoy Rebellion was about to happen. And he would profit over that. But since he had no money to invest. He needed to acquire resources firstly. And for that the prince thought with a devious grin, I need to cheat!

...

Upon arriving in this world and waking up in Joffrey's body in that fateful day, Lloyd Frontera has realized that this world has mana, albeit much less than in the world of "Iron Bloodied Warrior." For that, he made some experiments.

He discovered that the dragon bones in the dungeons are mana-rich. and created his own "protein shakes" made out of ground dragon bones from Pycelle's laboratory. He even managed to raise a mana ring around his heart!

The morning he left for the Reach, his mother put the Hound as his "sworn shield," and for one day he was glad. While his father put Ser Boros Blount as his personal king's guard. Better than nothing, he guesses.

He continued to train his mana core from the Floweroad to the Reach. And even Sandor Clegane noticed something was amiss but said nothing. But what really made people begin to notice his strength was when he was still in his first week on the road. Joffrey picked up a heavy iron shovel and managed to dig latrines to their encampment fast and better than any men at arms.

Then begin to carve moats and dig mounts for the small folk "to pass time" without breaking a sweat!

Joffrey knew that he was destined to be great. Not just great for the Baratheons, not just great for the Seven Kingdoms. No, he was destined to be greater than all of that combined!

The greatest estate designer!