teller the truth

"She's pregnant?!" Rowan exclaimed in a whispered shout, not wanting to draw attention to her and Donna's impromptu meeting

"With a baby." She added with a shake of her head as she attempted to pace around the small bathroom.

"I'd hope so." Donna added with a mirthful grin, her blue eyes following her friends distressed movements.

"Not funny." Rowan deadpanned as she stopped to meet Donna's eyes but quickly looked away when she felt the corners of her lips rise.

"Your smile is telling me otherwise." Donna singsonged, pulling a laugh from the other brunette.

"Jax's baby?" Rowan asked as she stopped and leant against the sink, looking to Donna with a jumbled mess of emotions swimming in her amber eyes.

"Possibly." Donna conceded with a shrug.
"What? They've been separated for months, can't exactly blame the uncertainty." Donna justified when she caught Rowan's exasperated expression.
"It's not like Jax was celibate." She added in a mumble.

"Yeah, thanks for the reminder." Rowan chided, shooting Donna a weary scowl but bit her lip all the same, with her anxious thoughts running a riot in her head.
"You're not even supposed to know about that." Rowan reminded.

"Please. Like you'd be able to keep it from me." Donna scoffed as she rolled her eyes.
"Do you think he knew she was pregnant then?" She finally asked, addressing the elephant in the small room.
"I mean... new years was only a couple of months ago, and if she's 5 months along." Donna spoke aloud as she did the math, concluding that Wendy was already pregnant when Rowan had slept with Jax.

"I don't know." Rowan nervously mumbled.
"It's Jax." She added simply.

"Is that a yes...?" Donna questioned.

"I don't know!" Rowan stressed.
"My Jax wouldn't do that but Samcro VP Jax... he would." She weakly explained, trying to argue for the boy she grew up with, her brothers best friend.

"They're the sam-"

"I know they're the same! But-"

Rowan's voice was disrupted by a loud knock on the closed door, making both women's heads swivel to the sound before they caught each others wide eyed gaze.

"Yeah?" Donna called out after a pause.

"I need to speak to Ro." The familiar rumble of Jax's voice filtered through the door.

"She's not in here." Rowan called back, rolling her eyes as the door handle turned to reveal the blonde.

"And yet here you are. Like a miracle." Jax jested.

"Hmm like your baby out there." Rowan sneered as she narrowed her eyes.

"On that note." Donna commented as she beelined for the door.
"You good?" Donna stopped to check with Rowan, who sent her a nod and a thankful smile in response.
"Good luck." She quietly singsonged as she passed Jax before she was out the door, closing it behind her.

The pair were left in a rare uncomfortable silence and the longer it went on, Rowan felt her anger slipping. She huffed out an irritated breath. "Speak then." She let out, annoyed by Jax's silence when he'd interrupted her conversation with Donna.

"I didn't invite her." Jax started pulling an eye roll from the brunette.

"Her absence from the guest list isn't really what's got me stumped here, Jax." Rowan argued making sure to keep her eyes on the blonde biker; she knew him better than most, she could notice a lie coming from a mile off. Or at least she thought she could, he managed to keep his knocked up ex-wife a secret for who knows how long.

"I didn't want you to find out like that." Jax shook his head as his own blue eyes met her embers, trying to erase the pain swimming in them.

"What?" She laughed cynically. "You wanted to show up to my place once they'd started pre k? Jax I-" she bitterly questioned, letting sarcasm drip into her every word before she was abruptly interrupted.

"I was going to tell you, okay? I just didn't know how! I was wanting for the right time." Jax argued, his voice getting louder to overpower hers but still keeping their volumes low enough to avoid the parties attention.

"I'm here all the time!" She exclaimed. "I've been in Charming countless times the last 5 months and I see you basically every time. A lot of you on occasion." She snidely added.

"That's why I didn't say anything, I didn't want you to get the wrong idea. I didn't know about it when we- I didn't want anything to stop you from moving back."

"Jax." She laughed. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm not moving back here for you."

"I know." He grumbled.

"That's kind of fucked up." She laughed again, the situation entirely too dumb for her to be able to control it. Jax shook his head at her and let a smile fall over his face.

"You laughing at me?" He smirked with a quirked brow.

"Yes I am, Jax Teller." She grinned as her laughter settled. "And this whole... thing." She gestured around them as she shrugged.

Jax took a relaxed step closer to her and reached for her hand, pulling her just a bit closer to him.

"I really didn't know she was pregnant with my kid when we hooked up. I wouldn't have messed you around like that." Jax intensely explained.

"I know- I mean...I had hoped." Rowan corrected herself.
"I guess it's good we were waiting until I moved to try anything serious. Saves this from getting any messier." Rowan stepped away, attempting to end the conversation by moving past him towards the door.

"Rowan-" Jax stopped her, pulling her back by her forearm.
"This doesn't have to change anything."

"Jax." Rowan deadpanned as she looked him in the eye.
"You're having a baby with Wendy. Your ex-wife." She emphasised with a pause as she stared at him incredulously.

"Yeah, emphasis on the ex. That's not changing." He argued vehemently, he'd just gotten a taste of her and didn't want to lose it before it had even started. But he could feel her slipping away, the lines being drawn, the friend zoning committee had met and the laws were being reinstated.

"It'll just be too complicated, Jax. It was already a lot with Opie and my dad but now there's Wendy and a baby." She explained, trying to quell her own frustration, not letting it filter into her tone.
"Congrats by the way." She grinned as she lightly pushed his chest.

"Thanks." He sarcastically replied.

"I should focus on moving anyway. I need to work on setting up the shop as well. I just- I don't want anything to mess us up, I can't not have you in my life." She concluded because that was all that really mattered. She had stuffed down those uncomfortable feelings before, when she was just a teenager, and she could do it again. She didn't want to know what her life looked like without Jax Teller, it would simply be a dreary, colourless world without his golden charm.

"Okay." Jax gave in, pulling her in for a hug. They let each other cling to one another for a moment before pulling away.

That's all they'll have for now.

They'd waited their lifetime, Jax was sure they could wait a bit longer.