↳ 2.

chapter 2
My worst nightmare

Charlies pov

I slowly opened my eyes to a blinding light..Making me squint in pain..Painfully and slowly I used all my strength to pull me up, I was in hospital..Why am I here?

I tried to stand up but collapsed on my bed after a failed attempt,A few minutes later a nurse came into the room.

"Oh,Charlie your awake!"The nurse smiled over at me

The nurse seemed nice,Her hair was tied up tightly at the back with a few strands of hair at the front.

"Where am I?" I asked,intrigued .

"Well Charlie,Before I can answer that you need some rest hun, I just need to insert your feeding tube.."

A feeding tube.

Why?...Why do I need one of those,This cant be happening

I thought I was getting better!!I thought this was all over.

My worst nightmare.

"Why!Please just tell me what happened!" I started shouting at the nurse,I feel quite bad shouting at this nice lady but I need to know..I need to know what happened

"Well,Charlie you fainted as you haven't eaten in...
She took a pause.
..Nearly four days now."

Four days,
Four days I haven't eaten.

"Charlie,I need you to stay still for me alright,This will feel tickly and might pinch a bit."

Time skip

I opened my eyes again to see that nice nurse was here to see me..But this time with a visitor,Could it be Nick?!

"Hi Charlie." My mum spoke as she walked over to the end of the bed.

"Go away!" I angrily replied.

She was the last person I wanted to see. These past few months our relationship has been..well,difficult.

"Charlie,Dear...-"

I didnt want to talk to her,Wheres Nick!?!does he hate me?where is he?!

Tears started flowing from my mothers cheeks as she was escorted from my room,And then she came back in..though suddenly now she was 6'1 and blonde..wait.

Nick.

He came over and hugged me,His silent tears falling onto my gown.
"Charlie,I was so worried.." He began,Tears falling from his rosy cheeks.

"Don't worry about it Nick, And besides..I feel fine."

He glanced back over to me and laid a kiss on my cheek ,"I'll see you later!" He exclaimed.You only get ten minutes of visiting time a week,which is very shit..But at least I got to see Nick.

Time skip

I woke up on a chilly autumns morning,I've been in hospital for nearly two weeks now and im doing better,My dad came round last week and also brought my phone,So I can text Nick and my friends daily.