CHAPTER FOUR

𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣 once it hits one in the morning, I decide to use the bathroom in the house to take a shower and make sure to really clean myself so the smell of meth is off of me, I brush my teeth and wash my mouth with Listerine ten times as I wash everything. I change into a set of pajamas after washing everything that was in my car twice.

 I change into a set of pajamas after washing everything that was in my car twice

I feel myself being covered up and there's a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, my precious star." I hear my Aunt Marie's voice whisper then her soft footsteps trail back upstairs. I wake up again, about six hours later. "Aunt Marie? Uncle Hank?" I am greeted with silence. I could honestly get used to this. No children fighting back to sleep in and miss school. Peacefulness.

My phone vibrates in my robe's pocket. It's a text.

From: UNKNOWN
To: Sere Schrades
3:00 AM
SERENA KATHERINE SCHRADER. Wake up.

From: UNKNOWN
To: Sere Schrades
3:15 AM
SEREEBBNNNNAAA. JESSE IS AT RIO RANCHO. WAKE THE FUCK UP, YO.

I quickly save this contact as 'Safety Badge', which is an inside joke between us.

From: Sere Schrades
To: Safety Badge
7:00 AM
I am up now, fucktard.
From: Sere Schrades
To: Safety Badge
7:00 AM
Calm down, Safety Badge.

From: Safety Badge
To: Sere Schrades
7:01 AM
About time, I was starting to think that you died, but anyway. Anything but that childhood nickname.

From: Sere Schrades
To: Safety Badge
7:02 AM
It must live on, to our children. And our children's children. Deal with it, SB. I have to get ready now.

I hope in my whip and start my drive

I hope in my whip and start my drive. I park behind this red car with the license plate THE CAPN. I knock on the door and this hispanic lets me in and I give him a few tiny baggies. He inhales it and gives me a look of shock. "Wow, this smells... Huele a fruta, cómo lo hiciste?" I grin as I shut the door behind me. "Mucha química y aceites esenciales." I tell him, fluently. He grins. "Pinkman is upstairs." I nod and knock on the door and the soft moans stop. I roll my eyes, typical.