i just want to make love to you/paranoid

"So, what's high school like?"

Donna laughed at the boy's naivety, sharing a look with Pink, who she knew was thinking the same thing. The three had gone back inside and were now gathered by one of the pool tables, where Donna and Pink were playing and Mitch was watching.

"High school is..." Pink started, but Donna continued for him.

"High school is dealing with a bunch of people you can't stand to be around every single day for four years, just waiting until you get your diploma so you can get the hell out of here."

"Oh come on, Donna. Don't scare the kid." Pink shook his head at the girl's cynicism. "It's not that bad, Mitch." The younger boy looked like a deer in headlights, worried by the girl's description. "And Donna, you do not hate everyone like that, don't be dramatic."

"Oh no, just Fred. And Don. And-"

"Only a couple people. But you love the rest of us. Michelle, Kevin, Jodi, Shavonne, Kaye, hell, even Slater. And me."

"Don't be so quick to put yourself on that list," Donna remarked as she hit a ball into the corner net. "I've actually been looking for a way to unfriend you for years. I just didn't know how to break it to you."

Pink held a hand over his heart dramatically before bending down to aim after Donna missed her second ball. He knocked the yellow stripe into a pocket and looked up as he said, "Don't lie to yourself. You love me."

Donna was glad he turned back to the table so that he didn't see the blush that crept up her cheeks at his words. She looked over at Mitch and noticed him smirking at her. That weasel.

Her attention was drawn back to the pool table as Pink smacked his hands against the side with a groan. He had accidentally knocked the black 8 ball into a pocket.

"Sorry," Donna said as she patted his back. "I don't love losers."

Her attention was drawn to a slow clap behind where they stood, and she saw Kaye, Jodi, Shavonne, and Sabrina standing there by the entrance. "Taking down societal standards one pool game at a time," Kaye remarked.

"My number one goal in life," Donna quipped. She walked to join the girls as they made their way to the back of the Emporium. "Later, boys!" she called out to Pink and Mitch, the older boy still looking at the pool table in disbelief.

"Yeah, bye Don," he mumbled.

Donna caught up to the girls and dragged them into the bathroom, where she had just seen Michelle go in. The five walked in to the sight of Michelle pulling a long, skinny joint out of her bag. "Perfect timing," Michelle smiled.

"Perfect! I'm sensing a meeting of the girls' council," Donna said. "With our newest member, Sabrina."

Sabrina smiled shyly as the other girls took their places around the restroom, either hopping up on the counter or leaning against the wall. She opted to lean against the wall closest to the sink Donna was sitting on. Michelle lit the joint and after hitting it passed it to Kaye, who passed it to Shavonne, who passed it to Jodi.

"So, Don," Jodi started as she exhaled. "Simone has been talking shit." She passed the joint to Donna.

The girl took it and inhaled. "What's new? All any of us do is talk shit!" She made herself laugh, which turned into coughs as she choked on the smoke in her throat. She held the joint out to Sabrina and asked, "Wanna try?" She figured it was safe to assume that the young girl had never smoked before. At least, Donna hadn't at her age. "It's okay if you don't," she added just in case.

Sabrina looked up at her with those wide, innocent eyes but held out her hand to grab the joint. All the other girls watched in amusement as she stood staring at it.