sweet emotion

Donna Simms was 16, ready for summer, and a little too high for it to be 1:00 p.m. on a school day. During lunch, she had run home to pick up her senior jersey for the hazing after school - and to smoke a joint. She was now back in the parking lot, leaning against her car as Kevin and Michelle pulled into the spot next to her while "Sweet Emotion" played from the speakers. She chuckled as she walked up to the passenger side and leaned through the window. "I take it y'all are going to Aerosmith in a few weeks?"

"You know it, man," Kevin smiled.

"What about you? You coming with us?" Michelle asked.

"Wouldn't miss it," Donna winked.

The three made their way towards the school building as classes were about to resume. Donna's focus was glazed over as she soaked in the feeling of the Texas sun on her skin. She giggled as she wrapped her arm around Michelle's shoulders and noticed little green crumbs on her lips. All care in the world had left her mind - partially due to the euphoria of the last day of school and partially due to the fact that she was blazed.

The group slowed down as they approached Pink and Simone sitting on the back of his car. Donna's eyes met Pink's and her heart skipped a beat. Fuck. Donna always thought Pink was hot - it was basically a general observation to anyone that paid attention - but for some reason, lately her mind has been wandering past just noticing his appearance. Just making eye contact with him made butterflies erupt in her stomach. She even found herself laying up at night sometimes just thinking about him. Donna never was one to catch serious feelings for someone, but sometimes she felt as if Pink could be an exception.

Except, she was literally looking at him and his girlfriend right now. If Donna was sure about one thing, it is that she is not a homewrecker. She may not be the most innocent, but she would never purposely come between someone's relationship. Also, she genuinely didn't have a problem with Simone, even if her friends thought she was slutty. Donna always thought all the girls should support each other anyways.

Kevin and Pink did their signature handshake while Donna waved to Simone.

"You ready for tonight?" Pink asked the group.

"Yeah man," Kev replied.

"Kev is ready to kick off the best summer we're gonna have while we're in this shithole of a town," Donna interjected while wrapping her arms around Michelle and Kevin's shoulders. "No pressure, man," she added while messing with his hair.

Pink laughed along. "You got a lot to live up to right there, Kev."

"Great."

The group started walking up to the school, Simone and Pink splitting away. "Hey man, do you need any help before the party?" Donna asked.

"Uh I don't really know, I'm kinda just playin it by ear right now. I think Pink might be swinging by later if you wanna just come with him and see."
"Okay, cool."

Pink ran back up to the group as they made their way inside.

Donna stepped over next to Pink as they were walking in. "Hey, are you going to be at the hazing?"

"Yeah, I'll probably be with Don. I'm heading over to Pickford's after."

"Oh, perfect. You think I can ride with you over there?"

"Sure, man. Aren't you hazing?"

"Yeah, but I'll probably just skip out on dropping the girls off. I told Kev I'd help with the party."

The three rounded the corner just in time to see Slater at the water fountain. "Slater-son!" Kevin greeted as the two talked about the party tonight.
"I gotta cruise by this afternoon on a little business, if you know what I'm talking about," Slater said to Kevin.