𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒 - 03

(tw/cw: mentions of eating disorder, passing out, panic attack)

After a while, i left and walked out onto the cold balcony. I then placed myself next to Darius, who was preparing to do a 'story'. I tapped his shoulder, pulling him out his daydream.

"You okay?" I asked, removing my hand and placing it onto my sketchbook - that had recently been discarded onto my lap.

"Yeah, im just thinking of what story to tell around the fire" he laughed nervously - i know theres something more going on, and i WILL find out! ... hopefully.

"You sure? You have that look, im your sister! I can help i promise" i whisper, as the others come and sit around the roaring fire with us.

"Ill tell you later, i guess" he says, then puts up his hood.

I look around, seeing the others were excited to hear his story.

"We thought it'd be fun.We thought we'd be safe, but... we didn't realize the... horror waiting for us on the island. Claws... Teeth... Screaming... So much screaming" Darius exclaimed, earning a few chuckles from everyone.

"How much screaming?" Sammy exclaimed,

"Hes getting to the good part!" Kenji basically yelled, as i saw Sammy's face fall.
I saw her cheeks flush a crimson red colour, embarrassment spreading all over. I looked over to Kenji, who looked like he had no remorse for what he did - that son of a BITCH!

I looked over once more, realsing Darius had long since stopped telling the story as puddles of rain flooded the floor underneath us. The rain was sweet, and calming - however all the others ran inside as if it was a predator chasing its prey.

"Darius, now can you tell me what was wrong earlier?" I asked, rubbing the rough bench underneath me with my fingertips.

"Im okay, honestly" he answered, his voice going shaky. As he turned to face me, i saw his tear-stained face - droplets still falling as he haistly stood up.

I stood up next to him, the wind gushing my hair slightly behind me - reminding me of a cape.

I reached my hand out, them slightly shaking from the cold - "Darius, please, you've been here for me! You cant suffer in silence, please, i beg - tell me!" I sob, tears forming in my eyes as i looked at his painful expression. I just need to help him, he has help me countless times - its time he lets someone else help him! I cant see him suffereing, i cant be satisfied knowing how he could be hurting. I looked deeply into his honey brown eyes, droplets falling from our eyes.

"I, it, uhm, yeah, im okay" He said, his eyes falling to look at anything but me. This island wasnt doing his mental health any good - he needed to be at home, where he was safe and has his help!

"Darius, i can tell you're lying!" I cry, wanting to show him i actually care.

"You know, you sound awfully overprotective" he says, his voice laced with anger. He stormes past me, making his was back into the warmth - taking my sketchbook with him, knowing how i only let him see and touch it.

I stayed out in the pouring rain, overthinking once again.

I still couldn't shake the feeling that something would go wrong here, but i didnt want to leave either - pretty ironic isn't it?