𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑏 - 02

(cw/tw: mentions of death)
(A/n: also, last chapter i accidentally put "Heather" instead of "Daisy" but it's fixed now - sorry if it confused you! )

When i woke up the next day, i could tell something was going on. I saw Yaz and Sammy whispering to each other when Brooklynn entered back in - she looked terrified.

"Brooklynn, you okay?" I asked, leaping off my bed and landing in the 'black widow' pose.

"Yeah im fine, just - yeah" Brooklynn answered, sitting on her bunk. I rolled my eyes - i could tell she was lying! I saw the glint in her eyes.

I walked over to her, and sat down. I then pulled her into a hug - letting her know she can tell me.

"Okay, basically last night Me, Darius and Kenji snuck out - my phone then fell out of Kenjis hands and landed in a dinosaur-filled enclosure. Kenji then let Darius hop in for it and then he followed. Soon after they got the phone, they got trapped in the enclosure and Dave, Roxie and some other staff managed to save them" Brooklynn sobbed,
"But if i hadn't contacted them on a keypad thing, i dont know what could've happened!"

I rubbed her back, knowing she didn't mean for any of this to happen.

"Wait, Darius snuck out?" I asked, that wasn't like him! He would never do that.

"Yeah, Kenji managed to convince him - then after he convinced me." Brooklynn replied, wiping her tears.

"Thankyou for telling me" i answered, letting her catch up on sleep - as i walked out.

"Darius, is it true?!" I asked, when Roxie and Dave had left the room.

"Is what true?"

"That you snuck out, to go look at Dinosaurs when yku got warned on how dangerous it is after dark!" I yelled, causing a scene. I saw Yaz, Sammy, Brooklynn and Kenji all watching us.

"So what! We're here to see dinosaurs - i saw dinosaurs and you're yelling at me!"

"Darius, i don't want to loose you too because you're trying to impress Kenji!" I yelled once more, looking at his face as it fell. I knew i had messed up, and ran towards our bunks. I then climbed onto my bunk and hid under the cover - like when i was younger.

"D, come out please" i heard Darius asked, but i stayed hidden.

"Fine, don't then." He said, i could hear the anger in his voice. I knew i messed up - big time.

Soon after, i heard someone else enter the room. They climbed up the ladder, and i could feel them sit down on the matress - that was slightly springy.

"Go away" I muttered sadly.

"I wont, not until you show us you're okay!" The person answered, i recognised the voice - it was Ben, the shy biy from before.

I sat up, wiping my face before looking at him.

"See im fine" i smiled weakly.

"I know you're not, but come on! We're going - somewhere today" he said, trying to drag me out the bed. I rolled my eyes, and started climbing off the bed.

"Okay, im coming, im coming" i yawned, trying to delay. I didn't want to face my brother - after i snapped at him.

After Ben left the room, i grabbed my necklace from the bedside table. Me and Darius got matching ones from our father before he passed away.

I placed the necklace around my neck, centering the tooth in the middle. I then buckled my belt around my waist and grabbed my sketchbook and pencils - i might draw some dinosaurs today!