chapter three: a crime of passion

❝I see you watching me, eyes on your target mix drinks and smoke rings, it's already started it won't be too long before me and you are doing what lovers do❞

I see you watching me, eyes on your target mix drinks and smoke rings, it's already started it won't be too long before me and you are doing what lovers do

CHAPTER WORD COUNT: 3889 WORDS

❃゜・。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。・゜❃

CHAPTER THREE: A CRIME OF PASSION

❃゜・。. ・°゜✼ ゜°・ . 。・゜❃

Author

"Time of death" An unknown voice muttered through a medical grade mask solemnly as the staff of the morgue motioned to the body on the table.

It looked peculiar seeing someone in the afterlife. Especially after their life was robbed from them, seeing their face forever frozen in fright, or in peace with their last breathing moments on earth could be... terrifying.

Or, as some would say...

Morbid.

"Six o clock." The Physician announces solemnly as the body lays on the table whilst being examined by a room full of crime investigators.

A single white sheet covers the body from being viewed; curiosity begins to peek as the opportunity to reveal the person behind the cloak of invisibility gets closer. The line of vision in the room begins to shift to the live occupants staring directly at the unknown person on the table, a brunette makes her way into the scene as she peers around the room, waiting until the physician gives the okay signal before the body can be revealed.

The only sound that is heard is the constant tapping of her heel against the tiled floors of the examination room and the constant scribbling of the detectives notes colliding with the paper and the melancholy sound of the snow falling almost silently outside the window of the morgue.

"Now, are we ready?" She voices impatiently ready to view the body and continue on with the case that has plagued her mind for weeks. Throughout all of the sorrow and confusion that has found its way into her life in ways she never thought possible.