Part 5 - Greenless

I told you before that I was right, and Bruce was wrong.
 You remember?
This is Jen, by the way. Speaking to you through this bold text. Yeah, this is me.
You're just about to read whatever really happened when I fled Bruce's little beach home.

"Just remember. I'm literally the only person in the world who understands what you're going through." Bruce, in his Hulk form, placed Jen's luggage onto the back of the truck. 

"I know." Jen said. She was in her regular form.

"Call me anytime." Bruce said.

"Thank you, Bruce. Thanks for everything."
Then she turned to face her cousin, the two embraced eachother to bid their farewells. 

It lasted for a moment, 'cause Jen knew there were things she had to tell him. To let him know she understands him as well. Then they were even. Just as she truly intended. Once they pulled away, she gazed at him quietly.

"And I'm sorry I said a bunch of harsh but very true things." Jen said.

"Wow, an apology that still doubles down on what you're apologizing for. That's very lawyerly." Bruce said.

"Yeah, I'm a much better lawyer than I am a hulk. For now." Jen said. "I'm just kidding."

For a few seconds, she eyed down. Then retracted.
"About the . . . harsh but true things. Actually, they were not true at all." Jen said. She looked up at Bruce sincerely.

"Oh?" Bruce said.

"I mean---the things I've gone through. I don't think they could compare to running away from the government for decades." she said. "Hiding and keeping a low profile everyday just so Ross wouldn't find you. Also, keeping that powerful anger meter in check?"

"Then there was the Avengers stuff and whatnot." Jen said.

Bruce nodded. "Ah, I get it. No worries." he said.

" . . . including the other stuff you've been through way before that. Which I do not want to mention." Jen said.

"No, it's fine." Bruce said. "I've been getting better when it comes to dealing with those times."

"And the fact that you basically had another personality." Jen said. "But now---?"

Bruce smiled. "We're one guy." he said.

"Science works in mysterious ways." Jen smiled cheekily.

Bruce chuckled. "Ah, no it doesn't. I just had to find the right ways." Bruce said.

"By the way, whatever happened between you and Betty?" Jen said. "I was like--in high school the last time I saw her."

"Oh, yeah. Shortly after that shake-up in Harlem, we had to stay away from eachother. I had to keep her safe from me." he said. 

  "And look at you now." Jen chuckled. "Why don't you get back with her?"

Bruce shrugged. "Err . . . it's been years. During our time apart, we just---never found the chance, or maybe, just never talked anymore." he said.

"Really? Not even after the Blip?" Jen said.

"No." Bruce said. "Lost track, I guess."

Jen pat Bruce on his wrist, since he was so big. "You'll get there, Smug Hulk."

Bruce giggled. "We'll see how that goes for you first, Fuzzball."

"Look, incase you change your mind about going. Door's open." Bruce said.

"Thank you, Bruce!" Jen said. "I'm good. I'll keep people safe."

"No, Jen. Thank you. Take care." Bruce smiled, as Jen booted up the engine and peacefully drove away.