11| Runaway Slave

He had run away.

He couldn't believe it. He had actually run away. He looked over his shoulder to see the camp. No one had noticed his absence yet. 

He knew if he was caught that he would be killed. He had seen it happen. It was a boy about 13 years old. He had run away, and was not noticed for over an hour. Once it was noticed though, everyone was instantly in action. Lavalda had been a part of the search party - they caught onto his trail right away, when they found him Ardon had him whipped, and then torn apart and burned.

Lavalda shuddered. He knew that the same fate would be his if he got caught. But he had to find Tanya - if she was even alive. If she was, maybe her mother would still be alive too, and if she was alive, there was a good chance that his father was - no, he didn't want to think about his father. He needed to focus.

 He forced himself to think about his plan instead. He felt a need to betray Ardon. But he also needed to find his sister. If he told a random peasant Ardon's plan, they probably would not be belive. No, he had a better tell a Lord, because then he could send word to the King and all of the other nobles and so forth. The closest Lord was Lord Kiton, so that was who he decided to go to.

 And just maybe, Ardon could be stopped. And that could be Lavalda's revenge. 

The only problem was that Lavalda had tried to (and possibly succeeded) murder Lord Kiton's daughter. But maybe he could run away from the guards... yes, he would just ask to see Lady Fawntonya, and if she was dead, then he could find some other Lord to tell Ardon's plan to. Yes, that would work just fine.

He could see the Lord's mannor just ahead.

It was all or nothing.

He walked up to the front door, and knocked. As soon as the door opened and he saw the facial expression of recognition on the guard's face, he wished he hadn't. Lavalda turned to run, but the guard recovered of his shock and grabbed at the back of Lavalda's tunic, the guard's companion helping him as they both yelled for security. When they finally got a good grip on him, Lavalda stopped struggling, knowing that it was useless, silently hoping that Lord Kiton would hear him out. 

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

White. 

Bright white lights shining in her eyes.

Srange grey shapes in the white light.

Fawntonya blinked, and the shapes came into focus. One was her father. The other was the phisician. 

"Where am I....?" She mumbled.

Her father's shoulders visibaly let out a sigh. But it must have been fake. There was no way he could care at all.

"You should be dead." The phisician stated bluntly. That released a flood of memories. She had been flying, and began loosing blood. She had passed out about twenty/fifteen feet above ground. The phisician was right. She should have died from that fall, especialy because she had been gathering a lot of speed on the way down.

"Why didn't I